Come with me, back to the 1980s--you know want to.

by FlyingHighNow 82 Replies latest social entertainment

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

i went to ACL festival last year. Depeche Mode played on Fri, the Cure on Sat and Lionel Richie on Sun. Didnt get to see Lionel Richie because of the flooding but the rest were amazing. It felt like I was magically transported to the late 80s.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

The eighties were kinda mixed had my best financial year and also got married. loved everybody wants to rule the world, don't you forget about me, and dancing in the dark, and brilliant mind. James Camerons The Terminator. First Blood. Risky Business, and Field of Dreams lots of fun movies.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

How can you forget New Order?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Blue Monday.... Need I say more??

DD

• James Brown
    James Brown

I was in 28-38 in the 80's.

They were good times.

I was young and fit.

Now I am old and fit.

Having good times.

Every day above ground is a good one.

And these are the good old days.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I always wanted to see New Order live but too bad they broke up!

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Loved the '80's....not a big fan of the Thompson Twins....It was all about U2 for me.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I regular pioneered through that decade. My memories of the 80's are district conventions, the Live Forever book, 2,600 hours of meetings and 10,000 hours of field service (minus 52 hours I was short in 1986), too many hours waiting in the car for an elder meeting to end, and countless evenings listening to a sister tell me about her ailments that will hopefully be cured in the paradise. A very FUNLESS decade for me.

Let's pick a different decade FHN

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Here is something crazy to think about. Next year is 2015. What if all dressed like we were supposed to in "Back to the Future 2"?!?!

DD

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Born in the 70's, grew up in the 80's, drunk in the nineties

I was a die hard Duran Duran fan, while my sister worshiped at the alter of the devils....aka...Culture Club Our shared bedroom and the poster space allocated caused some humdinger rows let me tell you......I still have the origonal Duran scarf from 1985 in my undies drawer hahaha......

I had my first kiss to the extended version of Blue Monday by New Order DD! (althought it only lasted 3 seconds not 6mins haha)

It was all about the music, and what you wore....my favourite being my ra-ra skirt and rainbow roller boots.......

A very happy time for me, blue eyeshadow, trying to look like Madonna, loving Bon Jovi, then the slippery slope into Rainbow, Deep Purple, The Scorpions, ACDC, Dio, and I don't remember much after that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit