Going on the OFFENSIVE

by Coded Logic 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

DesirousOfChange - "I don't see where organizing any bunch of apostates has proved very successful."

I've lost count of how many times JWN posters have compared it to "herding cats".

x

Personally, I say non-confrontational passive/agressive action for the average XJW-on-the-street; use of logic, etc...

Court action for criminal offenses, however (with all the i's dotted and the t's crossed, of course).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@mannabefree...

Nice.

• wannabefree
  • wannabefree
  • Old Goat
    Old Goat

Each Witness must come to their own realization. They won't believe us. They have no reason to believe what we say. Bad experience is what opens eyes, creates secret doubts. Witnesses are their own worst enemy. Incompetent elders, a governing body that thinks they're God's special messengers, pride of place - That's what leads to open eyes.

• Twitch
    Twitch

As has been mentioned, going on the offensive usually puts people on the defensive and in this situation, will likely raise yer average dub's guard against apostasy.

People will look for and find their answers when they're ready.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will

never grow old in this present system of things." ~ Awake! 05/22/1969

NEW LIGHT ~ The WATCHTOWER SOCIETY MADE A MISTAKE THAT TIME.

.....................................WHAT ABOUT NOW?.....................................

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Start plastering this on everything ...

Didn't the recent letters to all U.S. congregations regarding JW.ORG signage at the local KH include the specifics of fonts and even the specific Pantone color to use? If one desired, one could make a very similar sign with:

JW

FACTS

.ORG

Plus, if this board is to be believed, the WTS lost its request to trademark "JW.ORG", so no pesky lawyers would bother you. A vehicle parked near the Assembly Hall would be noticed by almost every single JW driving by. At first they would squeal with delight and try to take a picture with their phone to post on FB or Instagram to show how well the new website's being advertised. It would take most people more than few seconds to realize the difference and understand the implication.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I think a good approach would be to leave information with householders in the JWs' territories.

Think a nicely formatted tract warning the public about the friendly people who come knocking on their doors. The tract should highlight factual information hightlighting the abusive and dishonest nature of the Watchtower organization. It should not touch on religious doctrine but only the abusive policies of the religion which cannot honestly be denied. Examples: The shunning of those who leave the religion (those who disassociate), the two witness rule which often leads to children being needlessly exposed to the threat of pedophilia, examples of intellectual dishonesty in Watchtower literature, etc. All of these matters should be backed up with references and short quotes from Watchtower literature.

The tract should make it a point to mention that most JWs are sincere people who think they're doing good but are misled and being psychologically manipulated and enslaved by the Watchtower organization. The tract should impress upon the public that the JWs who come to the door are victims of the Watchtower organization without them realizing it. (We don't want the public hating the JWs that come to their door. We want the public see the wicked nature of the Watchtower organization while pitying the JWs who come to their door and maybe try to help them wake up to TTATT.)

VERY CRITICAL: The tract should also forewarn the public of the JW tactic of information control and dishonesty. The public should be informed that JWs dishonestly or ignorantly claim that information critical of the Watchtower is all lies; That JWs are told to not visit sites with critical information on JWs; that JWs blindly believe what Watchtower tells them and refuse to hear the other side of the story; that JWs label those who are critical of their organization as being used by Satan to mislead others away from the truth. The public should be forewarned of the JWs tactics of trying to discredit all information crtical of JWs.

A tract like this will do two things:

1. It will effectively innoculate the public against being misled by JWs.

2. It will raise awareness in householders of the abuses of the Watchtower organization which in turn will motivate some householders to share TTATT with the JWs who come to their door.

So let the JWs learn TTATT from the public instead of from apostates. What? Are the JWs going to stop going door to door to avoid getting TTATT from householders? Are they going to stop doing street witnessing to avoid getting TTATT from the man on the street? Are they going to stop preaching to the public altogether to avoid getting TTATT from the public? Well wouldn't that be a wonderful day!

I say take TTATT to the public - and don't forget that many people in the public would love to know how to get JWs to stop calling on them, so the tract can offer advice there too. That could be the selling point of the tract. The tract can let the public know that when a person knows the whole truth about the Watchtower organization's ills and they share such information with JWs, then the JWs will typically be afraid to call them again.

And not to be forgotten: the tract should list the addresses of credible ex-JW sites like jwfacts.com and jwsurvey.com. And please, please, please nothing about subliminal images in Watchtower literature! The whole subject of subliminal images is kinda on the edge as far as credibility is concerned. I'm not saying its not true. I'm just saying it has a conspiracy theory-esque feel to it and many people will see it as being out there, if you know what I mean, so it would do more to hurt the credibility of the tract.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Not surprisingly, JWfacts has a nice tract for the general public: http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/pamphlet.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit