CO's visit ends with a bombshell!!!

by nowwhat? 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It isn't a bombshell. It's a teeny little fart.

• HB
    HB

My son chatted with some JWs at a literature stand in London last weekend and he asked when the end of the world was coming acording to their religion.

They replied that it would be "very soon" but my son was not content with that and when he asked them to be more specific (e.g. in 1 month, or 1 year, 10 years, or longer?) one of the JWs stated that he was absolutely certain this world would be gone within the next 5 years at the very latest.

My son laughed incredulously and moved on.

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

This isn't a bombshell, this has been regularly spoken about for a long time. I remember my CO in my pioneer school saying the GB "can feel the end is near" and that was in 2009. Hell, Wayne Johnson, a DO, said right from the platform in an assembly with over 400 people that he expected armageddon within six months and that was more than 5 years ago too.

• kaik
    kaik

In 1980's/90's we had a crazy guy in the KH who used to say that Armageddon will happen in year. He continued to say that as far I remember as kid until I walked away as adult in 1994.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

They replied that it would be "very soon" but my son was not content with that and when he asked them to be more specific (e.g. in 1 month, or 1 year, 10 years, or longer?) one of the JWs stated that he was absolutely certain this world would be gone within the next 5 years at the very latest.

I remember my brother in law saying much the same back in the late 60's early 70's. I recall him saying that we wouldn't see the end of 1975 in this system.

• steve2
    steve2

When you cling to your cult, amnesia is essential.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit