CO's visit ends with a bombshell!!!

by nowwhat? 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DesirousofChange - "...thin out the Flock by 50%..."

VIDIOT: Honestly, I think the WTS could get by with just 20-25%.

I think you are right about that.

At least 30% are already missing from all the meetings. Attendance is pathetic.

They really only need the few that make regular, substantial contributions, and (from my experience) I'd say that's only about 10% of the Flock.

Doc

• hoser
    hoser

They are already starting to close down the outlying congregations and selling off the Kingdom Halls.

• steve2
    steve2

This sounds like a limper, drearier variation on the infamous build up to 1975. At least back then, kindgom halls bulged with seething anticipation of imminent destruction of everything non-JW.

Nowadays there is more than a faint whiff of, "Next. What's on TV later tonight?"

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

About two years ago, when the first (and so far only) assembly hall was built in our area, they made sure to explain this type of stuff. During the first round of assemblies, they made sure to mention "you probably wonder why make such millonary expense to build this place if the end is so near? The answer is that when the new world comes, this building can serve as an education center. This is why we build them to last".

Yes my friends, that was publicly said in front of 5000 people.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

"start getting ready we're not going to be around much longer!"

I would like to know what he means by this comment? Again is saying it is only years, months, weeks, days or hours? Another scare tactic that they can turn around after the fact and say they never made any predictions as to the end. Same cheep fear mongering crap that I have been hearing from them for the last 50 years.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "This sounds like a limper, drearier variation on the infamous build up to 1975. At least back then, kindgom halls bulged with seething anticipation of imminent destruction of everything non-JW."

Yup.

Historically, apocalyptic groups have absolutely had to "date-set" to stay in business.

However, the WTS has done it so often over the past hundred-odd years, that it's long past its sell-by date; they can't really date-set (beyond hints and innuendos) anymore, because at this point, they'd undermine what little credibility they have left (which, admittedly, ain't much).

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I think the next generation of WT CEOs just want to squeak by for a decade or so. The really old dubs will be dead. The young baptized converts will reach marrying age/contribution age/giving birth to new jws age. They will know nothing but Caleb and Sophia and JW.ORG.

The old literature will be gone, only known to a few apostates who care. Todays 70 year olds will be on the arena floors, mumbling about 2014. Many in my generation, old enought to remember the past and barely internet savvy enough to find TTATT, will be gone. Those who have invested the most in the WTBTS will be hardest hit.

I REALLY want pedo cases to take the WTBTS down!! I REALLY want time to pass and the GB to die WITHOUT the GT starting!! I REALLY want to hear their spin!! I REALLY want the sheeple to slow down and get tired, and then leave! Most of all, I REALLY want to say, " I FRIGGIN TOLD YOU SO!!"

Does that make me a bad person??

DD

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Not a bad person, just a tired and frustrated one.

• Magnum
    Magnum

DATA-DOG, I "REALLY want" all that, too. Every once in a while when I see a JW around town, he/she will look at me as if "Oh, you dear sweet thing. You're having a hard time, aren't you? We sure do miss you." I believe they really care, but they think that something's wrong with me and that's why I don't go to meetings. They never stop to think "Hey, maybe he knows something I don't." They all know I'm 3.7 times smarter and more knowledgeble than any of them, yet they're so smug and self-righteous. If I saw somebody like me just stop all JW activity, I'd want to know what he knows, but not them. Damn, they're stupid, ignorant, and condescending, and, I, too want to be able to say "I told you so, too."

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

This "bombshell" has less sizzle than a wet firecracker.

Move Along

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit