Do you pay for air for your tires at your gas station?

by jam 56 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

We picked up nails in TWO tires from a body shop, in the dead of winter. Try filling up with air every few hours, throwing money in the machine with frozen fingers.

I was most impressed by the fella from AMA. He found the hole and patched the tire with his head in a snowdrift. I think that was the coldest week last winter.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Free in Australia....pay for air...are you joking??

• Gregor
    Gregor

Once paid a coin operated air fill machine because I was concerned about a tire and was out of town. Ordinarily, I check my tires and use the free air to inflate if neccessary.

In Oregon you cannot pump your own gas. To the north, Washington and south, Calif. you pump your own.

I would like to see more service stations provide clean restrooms. I love buying $50.00 worth of gas and having to ask for the key tied to a canoe paddle so I can use their filthy hole with no paper towels.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't pay for tire air when I simply have a nice bicycle pump. With a bicycle, it takes maybe 20 strokes to get the pressure up to where it needs to be. In a car, it is a bit longer because there is more volume, but it is still less than the amount you have to pay at the station. Not to mention, I need the quarters for laundry.

Not to mention the gas I save with a bicycle.

• Simon
    Simon

The worse thing is when it runs out just as you are about to do the last tire.

I have a battery booster from Costco that has an air pump in and use that, don't even need to leave my driveway which saves the other annoyance - people who take forever to use the pump.

Incidentally, what takes people so long at the gas station in general? Sometimes they sit there after filling up for what seems like forever. It also takes people ages even to start pumping gas.

Maybe I watch too many F1 races but I am at the pump, filled up and then gone before some people have even got the nozzle in the car.

• kaik
    kaik

I always paid for air for my tires. I do not see why not. Compressor machines are expensive, so must be a cost for the service the business is doing. I do not see anything wrong with it. It is a regular business in Europe and Northern America, where some may not charge you for..

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

For anyone under about 40 years old, you're probably unfamiliar with a full service gas station.

Anyone fondly remember the Texaco Jingle? "You can trust your car to the man who wears the star, the big, bright Texaco star!!"

"Shouldn't someone check those for you, everytime?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE25Uzm3jNw

• jam
    jam

FlyingHighNow, yes gas $0.29 a gallon, how did they make money..LOL

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I had a small Texaco station, for about a year, full service, free air for everyone. Problem was, most people went across the street to the self service station, to save 2 cents. Now let it rain, and i had more customers wanting to buy 1 gallon of gas, so they didn't have to get wet! I got to asking them to go where they normally went!

• Mikado
    Mikado

come to Australia, no one ever pays for air...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit