I am sooo screwed

by Yondaime 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• label licker
    label licker

Tell them since their faithful and discreet slave is invisible like jesus ruling since 1914, then you want your judicial committee to be invisible as well. What? That's impossible? Or don't you believe my judicial committee can be invisible? Get offended and hurt and tell them your stumbled. Why is it ok to believe their twist on the scriptures but not the other way around? When you go to miss meetings then tell them you were there every week, invisibly. Then puke on their shoes invisibley.

! Corinthians 4:3-5

Only Yeshuah (Jesus) can read the heart.

LL

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Everything said above!

And do not enter into the back room, or a private meeting with elders!

Before you know it, things will be twisted, and the conversation will go in so many directions, that you will be backed into a corner and left shell shocked.....

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Just say that the BIL takes the JWs to the extreme and it turns into a bad witness. We all know a JW fanatic who everyone in the congregation goes, "Geez, man, lighten up!" Preach moderation and explain that that was what you were trying to say. JWs should be moderate. JWs who are not moderate, the ones who go "overboard", end up not being liked. They drive their own kids away from the Truth, become judgemental, and end up judging others. JW extremism is not good either. Stick with that line.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

They will counter with how the JWs are not like ISIS. So, you start with that with your mom. Mom, I know the JWs are not like ISIS. JWs preach peace, will not go to war. JWs dont' force anyone to join or be baptised.

But, like ISIS JWs are a fundamental version of their religious roots. Both teach "us verses them". That, no JW can deny. T

They also both teach that one can not "go against" or "leave" their religion. There are different extremes in the punishment doled out. But, no JW can deny that either. Tell them that you know the JWs are not ISIS, and you are not afraid to voice your opinion.

After 9/11, the Irish Republican Army (or whatever it was called) stopped its bombings and terrorism. I'm sure the UK JW's on this board will explain or correct me, but that's the basic gist. 9/11 caused the Irish to reflect upon what the means in which they were using to fight.

Likewise, ISIS and fundamental Islam may cause individual JWs or the Organization to think about the means they use. But, that isn't going to happen until an organic movement starts to make the comparisons. Becuase the old farts at Bethel don't change.

• Twitch
    Twitch

You're only in trouble if they have power over you and that is something you choose to give or not.

They don't want what's best for you, they want what's best for them.

All hard choices are risk assessments; what could be gained vs lost and of what value will the outcome be vis a vis, what do I want in my life?

• cha ching
    cha ching

Do not go to an elder's meeting. You will not have reasoning, you will not have justice, you will not have "concern for your spirituality, you will not have things "Jehovah's way" the "way it is suppose to be... as told in the WT" you will only have the result of what three little men think... and it is random.

I had done nothing wrong, someone had a wild hair, I got called in the back room...

I ended up crying, wanting to go under the table, unable to escape, with the head honcho yelling at me "Look at me, look at me, look at me!".. I had nightmares waking up at 2 am in the morning for over a year. (Oh yeah, and because I cried so loudly for so long, I got "marked"... I embarrassed them, so I wasn't 'showing respect for the glorious ones.' Oh yeah, they didn't even TELL me they were going to mark me, I had no idea until I showed up at the next Tuesday meeting, and heard a talk... about ME!) Give them no power over you, give them none of your life.

Do as the others have said, laugh, look at them weird and say, "What?!? Are you kidding me?" laugh, walk away... whatever... just don't explain, and don't go.

Pleeeease, do yourself a favor, do not go. Learn from the hard earned experiences of others.

“Many times in life I've regretted the things I've said without thinking. But I've never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken.”
    ― Lisa Kleypas

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thx jgnat for the links to Billy's ideas... I was JUST looking for them the other day!

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

call me dense, but, are you a teen still living at home ? Im not sure why your mom said this to you if your an adult.

but still, does your mother have authority over you at this time? why oh why does she not have the inteligence and maturity to discuss this with her own child? has she given up her RIGHT to parent? she cant deal with this on her own?

does she understand that the elders are not there to be treated like the some secret service agents and shes thier informant? they are only there for spiritual help, not everyday nonsense. just dont go to the meeting, be busy or sick.

id not go to the meeting ever again. Id tell her thats the last straw, If my own mother rejects me critisizes me and belittles me and judges me, how does she think

God feels about her choice to treat her child like some criminal? that a sure sign of cult like behavior. shes lost her own mind.

why did she not simply ask you to explain?

my mother has already told me that I need to talk to the elders about my questions.

I said to her "mother, you are older than they are, so why cant you answer them? how many years have you been studying the bible and you cant tell me what YOU think it means?"

she changed the subject.

• Yondaime
    Yondaime

Thanks for the advice guys. You helped me realize that in reality those old farts really have no power over me.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Thanks for the great links, jgnat ~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit