BORG running low on $$$??

by fader77 71 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

In this regard, we are pleased to announce that revised editions of "What Does the Bible Really Teach? "and

“Keep Yourselves in God’s Love” will be released in the future.

My mother will not be amused about this, because her "old" books are underlined - in JW-speak "STUDIED".

She has to do this again in the new books - or otherwise she will be considered as "weak" (no underlined books).

I know this, because I gave her a new bh-book in the actual 2013-september version and borrowed her bh-book from 2005 (first edition).

She did not give up to request the "studied" book back.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Is there a PDF of this?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

So if I contributed for the literature when I got them, do I get a rebate when I turn it back in?

You have a great point...the org is not only trying to save money by getting people to use less literature, by having people turn in old stuff and re-use it, they're also trying to maintain the current level of "literature donations"

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

One metric that I've never seen published, or spoken about, is the total number of reported placements compared to the number of a particular publication printed. I'm sure the WTS tracks that difference and has some level of insight into how many magazines printed are never reported as placed. I'm sure the number is enormous. (Especially considering how many people out there fudge their placements anyway, so as not to be bothered by the elders.) I'd be surprised if even 50% of WT and Awake! magazines are ever placed with non-JWs.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Thanks for sharing this info with us!

What they are doing makes sense in a financial way and it is a push to get more of the literature distributed to the public.

It will be interesting to see what the revisions are in the books, also as mentioned in the letter, they will be using quotations from the revised NWT in them.

They know now how much literature was produced during the just ended 2014 SY, thus saw an increase and want to get the number requested reduced if possible, while not restricting what publishers want or need for themselves or their fs.

They have had articles in the past in the km about publishers making good use of publications and not wasting any and that congs should reduce the amount of mags requested if there is a large surplus of left over copies.

• factfinder
    factfinder

respectful_observer,

back in the 80's and 90's the km had inserts about the use of magazines and mentioned there were major differences between the number of magazines produced and the amount reported as placed.

I remember parts on CA programs discussing this. They ackowledged there must be a large number of magazines in pubs homes and book bags that need to be placed or the number ordered should be reduced.

Remember too, that only literature placed with non witnesses can be counted in fs reports. When they had personal subscriptions none of those copies were included on FS reports.

Having pubs report tract placements makes sense too as the society can monitor how many are shipped/reported as placed, and adjust the amount printed and shipped to congs accordingly.

The volume they print is enormous, most years the total Bibles, books, tracts, brochures, magazines and booklets produced comes to between 2.5 and 3 BILLION!

I cannot imagine all the work involved and logistics of having all of this work done in over 700 languages, much of it simultaneous with English and shipping it all out on time to reach all of the congregations during the same week.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

In this regard, we arepleased to announce that revised editions of What Does the Bible Really Teach? and “KeepYourselves in God’s Love” will be released in the future.

So, should present copies be marked: What DID the Bible Really Teach? - Collector's Edition?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Translation:

We know y'all are so-well cult indoctrinated that you are afraid to tell us you haven't "placed" all your literature and it's piled up at home.

We at Mecca want our literature to achieve its intended purpose, namely, to enrich the organization and keep the ivory towers gleaming.

But y'all are wasting our money piling it up.

Elders and servants, even though we need to adjust some writings in the publications to reflect our ever-changing doctrine, please keep ordering the old stuff because it's just sitting on these pallets in a warehouse and we would hope to collect contributions for it, and then HECK, maybe collect more contributions from the same householders on a return visit when the members offer them the adjusted information. (We know that's a bit of a high hope, so don't share this thought with the members.) OH, and the law is still watching us and our not-for-profit (stop laughing) program of literature at no-set-price (never say "free") so while we keep shaming people for wasting literature, we are still not allowed to set rules to limit them wasting it. (SO UNFAIR!) Help us out and reduce your magazine orders unless they are making money being placed.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They will be shocked as to how much literature is returned. We once did a similar request at our local hall for a reason which I forget.

In any event it was unbelievable how much literature is stored in homes. The society clearly has a supply chain problem. While them may think that their literature ends up in the hands of the public and they like to promote the big numbers, the reality is that it just sits in publisher's homes. In any business this is referred to as channel stuffing.

1. Channel stuffing is the business practice where a company, or a sales force within a company, inflates its sales figures by forcing more products through a distribution channel than the channel is capable of selling to the world at large.
  • RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

JWs reduce/eliminate their libraries and become more dependant on the website for digital litrature and at the same time all hardcopy evidence of past doctrine is shoved into to public shredder for a more complete destruction of their history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit