2014 Annual Meeting not being streamed worldwide?

by Richard_I 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

I haven't heard a peep about the 2014 Annual Meeting being shown worldwide (or at least across North America) like it was last year. They made a big deal with the AM last year, congs had to get the projectors and screens for the showing, and we were told in advance of the time and location to attend. But I have heard absolutely nothing this year, at least here in Canada. Maybe there's nothing new being announced this year?

To those still attending, has your cong been invited to a stream or something? It just seems odd that that last year was such a big deal and this year... Nothing.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

It was a big deal last year because of the release of the new NWT Bible.

From my contact in Bethel, the rumor has it that 2015 or 2016 will have another Live-streamed event and another updated revision to the NWT. Just as the term "loose conduct" was changed to "brazen conduct" in the new version, the term "Holy Spirit" will be replaced by "JW.org"

Rub a Dub

• Magnum
    Magnum

Richard_I, I was wondering the same thing. I don't know why, but I kind of had it in my head that the Annual Meeting was going to become the new big event or highlight of the year every year. I thought it was going to be streamed live every year. I thought it was going to become the new occasion for the release of "new light". I'm kind of disappointed. I thought this fall might bring some more changes that would be interesting to analyze and observe.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I get that the big noise last year was to release the dumbed down gray dagger (new NWT). Still, I thought they would keep going with the AGM and use it to make people more in awe of the Governing Body to boost their rock-star-like status. I thought they would tweak the doctrine every year with stupid speculations just to keep the members buzzing about their wild thoughts, then they could reject the ones that receive negative responses. I thought they would get to make up tell personal stories about themselves each year to help members worship them, and maybe include stories about some wonderful pioneers they have met that quit their jobs to make their time or risked their lives to send their contributions in.

Maybe they want to dish that stuff out a bit slower. I mean- they have to start stretching that "overlap" out.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OTWO: I thought they would get to make up tell personal stories about themselves each year to help members worship them

Governing Body Worship in the WT: July 15th, 2014 issue

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

OTWO is right. They have to s-t-r-e-t-c-h it out...

Take a moment and think this through: WHY did they release the RNWT and the nu-light/"truth" right before the 100th anniversary of Jesus' rule???? Here we are in October of 2014, the most important month in the most important year in ALL OF MANKIND'S HISTORY. What is the GB doing??? JACK SHIT. Wouldn't you think that SOMETHING would be going on?? Something more than printing shitty tracts and spouting the same old shit about statistics and Jeehoober, and the GT is soon(tm)????

They have NOTHING. They are running out of plays in their secret playbook. It's "OBEY THE GB OR ELSE" for a while. The GB's "ideas" will be shelved for a convenient time.

DD

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Oh, but big changes are coming, they tell us.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

The branch visit is being streamed to all KH's that are set up for it. If there's anything big coming, it maybe announced then!

Dwain

• steve2
    steve2

DATA-DOG, you are so very wrong. They've got some major, major plans for October, the centennial of the most momentous month in humanity history. Like the actual date it celebrates - October 1914 - those plans are invisible to the mere human eye and will only be revealed through the pages of the Watchtower some time after the centennial has passed. So, be alert and ready. It may seem like nothing has happened and when October arrives and then passes as though nothing is happening, in the invisible realms much will be happening. And it will be earnestly significant. Stay tuned for the retrospective report in a future Watchtower study article...your ears and eyes for all you will ever need to know.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

STEVE2 - you may be so much nearer the mark than you'd think!!!

My gut feeling agrees with OTWO's initial thinking. However, the puppet-masters in JW.ORG are now in a state of disarray because of the Internet in general, and sites like this in particular, which reveal to the world the Org's upcoming news/changes/directives.

In view of their recent "big" announcements of the NNWT and the tithing arrangements being ruined by whistleblowers, I reckon the hierarchy is going to really keep their cards close to their chests until they have to put them on the table.

As such, I don't expect to be disappointed by the Annual Meeting this year - I reckon the org's chariot is going to continue its twists and turns and change direction once again!

It keeps the sheeple's heads spinning and prevents them from figuring things out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit