2014 Annual Meeting not being streamed worldwide?

by Richard_I 18 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

The instructions that were being published through the literature last year wher it said "the GB may instruct us to follow their direction in a way that seems illogical but we must show faith and obedience etc....." That was when one of the alarm bells started ringing and I began question in my head "what the hell am I doing??" It sounded a bit like Waco to me!!

Just shows you, we should listed to our gut feelings - they are there for a reason.

But as The Searcher said, all the twists and turns of jehoover's chariot keeps the R&F guessing.

Poor things.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The zone visit in November is being streamed around the US apparently, but not the AGM.

I'm sure someone on here will fill us in on the details.

George

• pixel
    pixel

Since they will stream the US Zone visit this year, maybe they though it was too much to do two of those the same year?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

"dumbed down gray dagger (new NWT)." Loved that comment...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thanks, Steve. I wasn't thinking spiritually.

DD

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Rumors we're hearing.....

Congregations are in a mad rush to get their "Data packages" installed. 2) 50 inch flat screen TV's, a computer that can run everything, including the security system, thermostat, streaming, etc

ALL at the cost of the congregations.

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Our KH just received the projector and installed screen last week. The event, whatever it is, is scheduled for Nov 8 live with recorded session for the 9th. I am in charge of setting it up (or so they told me). I did not get to read the whole letter but it was something about a branch visit. The arrangements being made, as per the instructions on the letter, are equal to those for the memorial and assemblies... I mean parking, first aid, etc etc so I figure big attendance is expected. The letter indicates that in some cases the even will be conducted at assembly halls.

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah they are making a big deal about the "zone visit".

I suspect it will be a rather boring affair, consisting of various GB members waddling to the microphone and warbling a message along the lines of "worship us and send us money".

• piztjw
    piztjw

Congregations are in a mad rush to get their "Data packages" installed. 2) 50 inch flat screen TV's, a computer that can run everything, including the security system, thermostat, streaming, etc

ALL at the cost of the congregations.

So true. In my area the local KH the eldums just had to get the newest technology so as to, "Be able to get the Annual Meeting, and the branch visit." Never mind the congregation is made up of mostly poor, unemployed, professional welfare users, who don't have a pot to piss in. Never mind that they had just guilted the members into paying over $1,000 for a brand new computer system that had to be scrapped after only three months to pay for the next big thing. Never mind that the congregation basically signed a blank check when the resolution was written for a cost of, ""$1,800 minimum, but possible more."

BTW, does anyone know how many JW's make up the ownership of Audio Acoustics, who seem to be the providor of all these electronic gadgets? What is their skim off the top?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit