Religion Comes From Ancient Astrology and Sun Worship

by Jeannette 46 Replies latest members adult

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Its supposed to be the 12 signs of the Zodiak not 12 planets and yes there maybe some truth to this because Jesus is the son or was until they forced people to believe he was a real person.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I hope you're not suggesting that the words "son" and "sun" were being conflated by ancient Romans and Greeks

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

This is silly...

I'm not going to read what I know is false.

Judaism grew from Zorastriasm and ancient Canaaite beleifs...

Christianity grew for Judaism and Astorlogy (got one thrre) and Greek ideas

Islam grew from Arbian Mythology, Christianity, Judusdm and Catholism... but you didn't know that!

All of these religions did NOT grow from atrology.. only some did...

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Not to derail....but Matt brings up an interesting phenominon to me. That is this pseudo-scientific retelling of conspiracy and myth in a way that is supposed to be "new light" for the reader. The last supper being an all telling tale of the future, ushering in a new world order based on ancient astrology for example, instead of an artists painting of an event reverred and iconic.

I had some younger family member CONVINCED the US killed Khadafi because he was uniting Africa behind the gold standard in order to control the worlds resources. Why was he so convinced of this? Because of a you tube video. He knows nothing of economical developement of nations, raw materials, or anything else of the subject, but is now proudly an expert on this concept of Africa using the gold standard and the US and other western nations intervening to make sure that doesn't happen?

Zeitgeist and movies like it pander to people who have no taste for real research, but merely feel like reading opinion or just straight fiction.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Marked . thanks.

• Maat13
    Maat13

Yes...little information was provided. That was intentional....

the bible is an amalgamation of many things. But there is an underlining principle...a principle shared by every major religion...

understanding primordial man's fascination with the stars is key...

Zeitgeist's approach to explaining Christianity...is not even the tip of the proverbial ice berg...in understanding human spirituality.

it serves as a means for us to question what we have been given to represent GOD....

Maat

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

The main cosmological texts in the Nag Hamadi Library ( NHL ), On the Origin of the World , The Hypostasis of the Archons , and The Apocryphon of John , are consistent in describing how the solar system arises as an inorganic simulation of the living pattern of the eternal Aeons. Here is further insight into "the generation of error. shana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit