Religion Comes From Ancient Astrology and Sun Worship

by Jeannette 46 Replies latest members adult

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Funny, the ONLY part of Zeitgiest I thought reasonable was the beginning. The rest was bunk.

FFTruther thinks the opposite.

Bottom line is that anyone can produce evidence of anything. It's up to you to sort through it all and make up your own mind.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I'm sure that when our brains grew enough and became more proficient at analysing sensory input data and started looking at the stars and imagining what they were it could quite naturally morph into some type of deity worship based on what was going on in the unconscious mind, and made it to consciousness. This no doubt happened wide spread among our speicies before we started settling down and building villigages, cities and having rulers appointed by the gods, even becoming gods.

These ideas helped the rulling class to keep order, and elabrorate calenders eventually came into being telling when to plant crops and so forth from methods envolving the sun and stars(which they thought were gods as they fortold so many inportant things nessecarry for survival.

• zeb
    zeb

Russell had a fascination with the Egyptian pyramids and he 'saw' various things in the dimensions of the pyramids.

An early publication had the wings of Horus on the front of it.

• designs
    designs

Russell was just inline with his time on Egyptian fascination. The Protestants were leading that charge.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

While it's true that there have been a lot of religions that have similair traits and dates and stuff. There is only one faith where a man claimed to be God and 2000 years later this faith still going strong.

just saying

ttwsyf

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Wishful biased thinking must do more research.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Wishful biased thinking must do more research.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Everything's symbolic!!!!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The Sun's path never dips below Crux. Not even close. (Clue: Crux isn't one of the Zodiac constellations.)

• garyneal
    garyneal

I saw that movie lately too. It has been discussed here a few times before, just do a search. Laio did a good critique of it that pretty much debunks a lot of the 'facts' of the first part of the movie. A lot of the story of Jesus was taken from prophesies of the OT and while some of the 'sun god' myths may have been woven in to the Jesus story, I don't think it is taken whole clothe from these myths as this movie suggests.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit