Religion Comes From Ancient Astrology and Sun Worship

by Jeannette 46 Replies latest members adult

• Maat13
    Maat13

Is that all that is wrong? The word Planet is used instead of Suns?....

Maat

• bohm
    bohm

Maat13: seriously, try and read a critical source to these claims. I can understand they feel solid and i have also been had in this manner but it just isnt what it is made out to be.

• Maat13
    Maat13

Bohm, and anyone else...

i've read 100's of books on this subject. On both sides...

so let's take a real look at the picture I posted. 1st remove the words. Because apparently some folks get confused when too many words are presented.

who painted the picture? When was it painted Why was it painted? more importantly explain the characters? Are there clues to their real identities? Do the colors mean anything? How about the spacing bewtween the character? The fruit? Utensils? Postures?

and please don't bring up Dan Brown's modern day entertainment bull crap.

Maat

i'm interested in an intellectual dialogue....not emotional sheeple nonsense. So if I don't respond to certain statements, comments, etc.....

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Is that all that is wrong? The word Planet is used instead of Suns?...

Jesus is surrounded by 12 suns?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm guessing that, as he said, when he said "planets" he meant "suns" -- but, when he said "suns" he meant "stars", and when he meant "stars", he really meant "constellations". That's my attempt at translation, anyway. However it doesn't explain "You are looking at our solar system!"!

Anyway, without further explanation, there's no way this is going to make sense to any of us, Maat13. Why are the apostles randomly labeled with constellations?

• Maat13
    Maat13

12 Suns?....really...12 Suns...and what exactly do you suppose constellations are comprised of?...

randomly labeled?....did you read my last post....

well, so much for an intellectual conversation.....apparently this was too much information at one time.

ignorance is bliss....I hope you folks are real happy... wow..

Maat

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I was trying to help and draw more information out of you. It's not that you gave us too much information at one time, but too little.

Anyway, 12 is a common "significant number", so if you're trying to wow us by pointing out that there are 12 apostles and 12 zodiacal constellations, it's not working.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

12 Suns?....really...12 Suns...and what exactly do you suppose constellations are comprised of?...

More than 12 suns. Suns that exist outside our own solar system.

It's not that you gave us too much information at one time but that the information you gave was gibberish.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, that too.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Religion, by its nature, is a selfish practice of people that develops alongside the progress of civilization. It usually involves something regarding what humans want verses what they are given. I think the best example would be rain. In more centered cultures rain is considered a ominous omen while in more agricultural-conscious areas rain is considered a blessing.

With either one, rituals develop in order to keep the worshipers prosperous (hence the selfish aspect) while appeasing gods.

In a more rudimentary example, let's take \a pigeon in a cage that is given food every 20 minutes. The pigeon first gets the food, then he gets it again. As he's waiting for the food again, he begins doing various movements, wings flapping and such. Eventually the pigeon will believe he is receiving food BECAUSE of the movements, not because of the timed cycle. Humans do the same thing with the spiritual.

As for Jesus, remember that history DOES repeat itself. Jesus wasn't much of a “latecomer” as he was a streamlined NEW AND IMPROVED version for the 'modern men' at the time. Many unfounded elements were assigned to him from having only 12 apostles to match the 12 tribes of Israel when he actually had MANY apostles (including self-proclaimed Paul). His resurrection, the extent of his miracles, and even his birth were all manipulated using prior religious elements.

This isn't unusual. In fact, the same thing happened with Paul, who somehow healed the sick, raised the dead, and wrote books that date almost 100 years in difference. Similarly, there is Jesus the man, Jesus the Myth, and Jesus the Deity. Of course the more fantastic of these three is going to captivate man for thousands of years.

It's not original by any means, but it's not completely fabricated either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit