What is the wackiest or strangest teaching that Witnesses adhere to?

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I guess there are many, but what would be the strangest teaching, or "wackiest" ?

• prologos
    prologos

The 4 kingdom rules by Christ.

1) Kingdom of his love since Pentecost. Col 1.

2) Kingdom of 1914 --100 years, birthday next month.

3) the 1000 Year reign as Priestly king, post Armageddon, soon.

4) the post-redemption eternal kingdom, after he handes priestly power back to God.

A rich plot, not forseen by the many bible authors.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

To never die. Not only is it an insane concept, but it dramatically affects the choices a person makes in how they live their life, mostly in a negative way.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That was my thought too jwfacts!

Stunted life now, because of a hope of a better fairy tale ahead.....

• Onager
    Onager

Global flood!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm gonna go with the idea that Christ hung out in heaven from 29 CE to 1914 CE before he decided to take power.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Never understood why 144,000 is considered to be a literal number!

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Because it represents life, blood is so sacred you can't use it to save a life...but you can use fractions even if those came from blood that was not poured on the ground...

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Apogophos, it was from 33 ce to 1914.

The wackiest teaching is that to refuse life saving blood is appreciated by God who values life.

#2 is that they can't even say the word 'luck' because they are superstitious about it. But they pray to Jehovah for help and safety

which is luck, external manipulation of the probabilities in life, thus Jehovah is the God of good luck.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Oh, I don't know, maybe that they are the true religion. That's pretty wacky..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit