What is the wackiest or strangest teaching that Witnesses adhere to?

by stuckinarut2 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Rattigan, you might be right, I've always been a little dicey on that teaching. I thought he ascended in 29CE and only started the new covenant at Pentecost 33CE, or something like that.

• SpeedRacer
    SpeedRacer

God took a rib from man and made woman!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

God loved the world so much he abandoned it to evil , then said he would only loves those that make holy his name but forgets to tell us what his name is.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Witnesses are the prophetic fulfillment of locusts spread across the earth reaping...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/32428/1/Are-Witnesses-Locusts#.VBiuSvldV8E

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

No birthdays but they go all out for anniversaries and baby showers. I've seen some elaborate wedding anniversary parties

back in the '80s and '90's that cost $$$$ and was bringing undo attention to the married couple.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

The wackiest teaching they have is "God hates violence"

I have to laugh everytime I hear that. Besides God killing people non-stop - and telling people to kill other people all the time - he is referecned as a "man of war" (Exodous 15:3).

Accepts a child sacrafice form Jeptha for helping him defeat the sons of Ammon (Judges 11:30-35)

God has 3,000 of his own chosen people murdered for the Golden Calf incident (Exodous 32:27)

Slaughters one million Ethiopians (2 Chronicles 14:12,13)

Orders the Israelites to commit genocide against the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites with orders to kill everysingle man, woman, child and even their live stock (Deuteronomy 20:16-18) . . . trees are okay though.

Yeah, it sure sounds like God hates violence!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its immoral for men to wear a beard.

The most stupidest as well.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Not allowed to have windchimes cause they are for warding off evil spirits, or something like that. Be careful of bringing home anything from a garage sale or any antique because it may carry demonic spirits with it. The JWs are really big on demonic crap! I know as a child, I was always thinking demons could read my thoughts.

• Island Man
    Island Man

The teaching that man has been around for just over 6000 years. To me that's just as stupid as Young Earth Creationism. There's plenty of hard evidence that man has been around for more than 10,000 years.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I don't think they've touted the pre-flood "cloud canopy" in a while. But that was always a wacky one. Regardless, you'd probably get a talking to by the elders if you said anything against that idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit