Cross & Crown Logo In New WT.org Video For Children?

by SAHS 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

What the Morris picture says to me is that the Society wants the kids who adore Caleb and Sophia to associate those positive feelings with Morris as well, and the GB by extension. That's truly unsettling.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@ Respectful_observer: It COULD be an Invicta like I said, but somehow I doubt it. I mean really, who in WT land is going to question him if he really were wearing a $25,000 gold Rolex Daytona? Even a Patek? I bet 75% of the Dubs at Bethel don't know what a Rolex IS, much less what it COSTS, because they are so secluded and sheltered/clueless. And I'd bet that 99.95% of them wouldn't know Patek from Timex.

Myself, I'm an Omega and Glashutte Original man myself.

I actually own this Omega SpeedMaster Pro Moonphase, and had the display back put on it, although these are stock photos.

- Wing Commander

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Anthony Morris...the JW Captain Kangaroo

• jgnat
    jgnat

Walt Disney

Yes, the picture with the kiddies disturbs me far more. It says, "Trust me with your children."

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

@ Respectful_observer: It COULD be an Invicta like I said, but somehow I doubt it. I mean really, who in WT land is going to question him if he really were wearing a $25,000 gold Rolex Daytona? Even a Patek? I bet 75% of the Dubs at Bethel don't know what a Rolex IS, much less what it COSTS, because they are so secluded and sheltered/clueless. And I'd bet that 99.95% of them wouldn't know Patek from Timex.

Myself, I'm an Omega and Glashutte Original man myself.

@WingCommander: Big fan of Glashutte myself and also A. Lange & Sohne, however another is nearer and dearer to my heart. Alas, I hestitate to post the name since it's rare enough where I'd be afraid it would assist someone in determining my real identity (or at least make them awfully suspicious). Sighhhh....

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@ Respectful_Observer:

You know, I think you're going to get a PM from me in 3, 2, 1...........

- Wing Commander

• minimus
    minimus

"Hanging with Anthony" could be a series of great videos.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well , the Cross & Crown is not something that they hide or deny. It is part of the Photo Drama era. Talk about "a blind man would like to see it" ! as we used to say when someone quibbled over a detail . ...I don't care about Anthony Morris's watch any more that I cared about the watch worn by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi in a similar "scandal" a couple of months ago. So what! Lets concentrate on the important things and avoid the conjecture

That is my opinion anyway ...

• minimus
    minimus

I agree about the watch.

I am surprised that they show anything they regard as pagan or demonic. If a JW had, in their home, a picture of a cross, they'd be in trouble.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“minimus”: “I am surprised that they show anything they regard as pagan or demonic. If a JW had, in their home, a picture of a cross, they'd be in trouble.”

So true! I have heard of brothers making judgmental comments about kids and teenagers even having posters of their favorite baseball players on the wall in their room, supposedly being a form of “idolotry.” But in terms of having or displaying anything with supposed “pagan origins” or using secular religious books or even other Bible translations, then it’s always okay just for THEM only, but not okay for any rank-and-file members, who are apt to get pulled into the old “back room” of the Kingdom Hall for not keeping totally up to date with the WT “celestial chariot.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit