Cross & Crown Logo In New WT.org Video For Children?

by SAHS 41 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

The following photo is a still frame captured from the latest semi-animated video on JW.org called “Caleb and Sophia Visit Bethel”:

WT Archive Display with Cross & Crown Logo

Here is the direct link to this video:

http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/family/children/become-jehovahs-friend/videos/caleb-sophia-visit-bethel/

The photo shows a general archive display apparently at the Bethel (I’m assuming that this is at the current Watchtower headquarters) which seems to include some photos of the famous vintage presentation Photo Drama of Creation. Notice one of the little photos in the display which I have highlighted with the yellow circle. That sure appears to me to be the famous “cross and crown” logo which the Watchtower Society used to place on the cover of the Watchtower magazines. You can judge for yourselves, but I’m pretty sure that that is what it shows.

The reason for this thread is this: Don’t you find it just a little odd and strange that the current video for children featured on JW.org, which would be seen by possibly millions, would present a scene showing an archive display photo of the “cross and crown” logo which is positioned basically right above the heads of the characters, Caleb and Sophia? Most viewers would simply pass right over this, but to me it seems to be a rather glaring manifestation of the obvious “pagan” and “mystical” roots of the Watchtower organization.

As a refresher, the following photo shows one of the actual Watchtower magazine covers bearing that logo near the top-left corner.

WT Magazine with Cross & Crown Logo

Here is a single photo of a cross and crown logo by itself:

Cross & Crown Logo by itself

Also, here is another still frame from that same video on JW.org showing the characters, Caleb & Sophia, with Governing Body member Anthony Morris III. I must wonder, what would be the appropriateness of showing the characters in a video for children posing with a member of the Governing Body? Wouldn’t that be idolizing man, which is really a form of idolatry? This kind of makes one think about the almost star-struck view which the JWs have of their very much human leaders, as well the rather self-aggrandizing view which the Governing Body has of themselves:

Caleb & Sophia with Anthony Morris III

I know that this could appear to some to be somewhat petty, but these are all just part of the “red flags” which constantly accumulate which at some point would surely cause a person to eventually wake up and say, “Hey!”

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The Cross & Crown logo is also in the top left and bottom right of both large panels.

Curiouser and curiouser ...

• SAHS
    SAHS

Good catch, “Oubliette”! One for each of the two animated kids to look at . . . . and wonder.

• designs
    designs

ummm you see that symbol in other churches as well, has a long history of use.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Lesson 12: Caleb and Sophia Visit Bethel

Here's a fun clip from the video at :25"

WW JW

That's right little Caleb, you take a GOOD, LONG LOOK at that Bethelite window washer.

That will probably be your vocation too since there's no way in hell you're going to college!

• Oogie
    Oogie

Yeah, I count 6 cross and crown logos in that picture. Not to mention the 'monarch mind control butterfly'...

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

the cross and crown logo's are at these displays at bethel. They are part of the exhibition 'A people for Jehovah's name'

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Oogle, I noticed monarch mind control butterfly immediately. Then I counted the 6 cross and crown pictures also. Now why would they have those?

Thank you SAHS. What a post.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Oh that picture of him with the children is SO creepy! Wonder if they will sit on his lap while he tells them a story...."Once upon a time, there were human hot dogs".

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Why wouldn't the old cross and crown show up in thumbnails from the Photo Drama of Creation? Paranoia can be treated, guys, please get help.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit