How old were you when baptized?

by Coded Logic 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

17 and only then b/c i learned my younger sibling was going over the questions.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Born in 3rd gen. 14 Because I thought I was ready and knew the future, started regretting being baptised at 15 but kept my personal lif seperate from my JW life.

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

I was 9

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I was 15 and all of my friends were baptized. I started to feel like I might start being viewed as bad association and lose friends.

But, also, there was new understanding on treating disassociated ones just like disfellowshipped ones. I always thought if I just disassociated, especially since in the back of my mind I knew something was wrong, I wouldn't be shunned. But, when both groups were going to be treated the same, no matter how I decided to leave, I would be shunned. So,I decided, what the hell, I may as well get baptized now and keep my friends.

I inflated their numbers, but only for four years as I was out by 19.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Born in, so my JW mother insisted I get baptised. Was only 9 years old when I got dunked. Though I knew another born in who was only 6 when he was baptised.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Born in. Baptized at 13 under duress. Brother and sister baptized at 5 and 7 years.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Brother and sister baptized at 5 and 7 years.

How anyone can imagine that this differs in any significant way from infant baptism, I will never understand.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Wow, being baptized so young, you guys never had a chance. I have no such excuse, I was older than average but still a teen. I thought it was the truth and was trying to get access to more holy spirit in order to become a better Witness. I thought being a better Witness was the same as being a better person. Boy, was I wrong.

• bigmac
    bigmac

sheeee--it dipped at--7--8--9--- what on earth ?????

i was dipped at 14---along with my dad--and 6 other kids same age--same KH.

a pal said--"they will ask you 2 questions---just answer---no" which i did. i think the answer should have been--yes. just shows how much i knew.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I was 13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit