Black girl beat up and bullied by other black for 'acting too white'

by EndofMysteries 61 Replies latest jw friends

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

So it appears there is one perp and one vic and nobdy was serriously hurt. Why is this news? If every time I got into a fight as a child made the news, I would be a very famous guy right now :)

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Pistoff, who is the repressed and underrepresented minority? There are no repressed and underrepresented minorities since the 1960's in this country. This news story and the tons of comments show the true cause. If the majority of a minority refuse to get educated and good jobs and bully those who do, how is that being repressed? If they refuse to get educated and a good job or have no interest in jobs that give them representation for their community how is that anybody's fault?

Now, if I was going to post on things happening to white, the only thing that is happening to whites is constant crime from racism and some how they are never punished for hate crimes. For example last night, if you google, "kroger mob" a group of 20 black teens randomly ran through and beat up white people unconscious and laughed about it. The lady filming was laughing and saying, "oo hold on, they got a white dude!" http://www.wbtv.com/story/26470713/im-that-white-guy-customer-thinks-he-sees-flash-mob-attacked-by-teenagers the group of blacks who raped, tortured, and murdered a white couple in ohio not charged in hate crime, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newsom or that detroit man who pulled over to help the black boy he hit when he jumped infront of his truck and was beat by a mob blacks, only a minor was charged with a hate crime (because he would get out earlier). or how about the marine about a week or 2 who was beaten by a mob of black guys after he was told he shouldn't go into a waffle house because all the black people were mad about the Ferguson incident. If any of these above things were reversed, there would be more riots, looting, destruction going on.

This crap seems to be getting worse and worse and needs to stop. Look at the comments of those stories. Arms are being bought at record numbers and you see many whites saying how they are feeling they need to be armed to be safe and if they got attacked by a mob, they would unload on them. No idea where you live, but as somebody who lives in a very diverse area, it's concerning where things are heading.

To Pistoff - I'll add this too. I know it's politically incorrect to bring up anything about race in the USA unless it related to white on black crime or black oppression. The opposite is generally regarded as racist and anybody who brings up the opposite may have their motives questioned or viewed racist. I've had a black girlfriend before and she went through exactly what happened in the story and original post of this thread. There are many black people I like a lot and have some very close black friends (probably one of the only good things that came from being a JW). Anyway I posted this and the other because in the 1960's, the RIGHT thing was done and things should have been getting better, what else needs to be done to give blacks opportunity, or how are they still being repressed? I see things getting worse and my future, the future of this country, etc, heading in a bad direction because there is obviously a very big problem brewing and silence on the issue is not helping at all. As with the mobs and black on white crime, obviously many are angry at whites. The mob at Kroger, or the man in Detroit, none were alive in the 1960's. You have Al Sharpton screaming oppression on blacks but I never see any examples. Anyway I have no problem bringing up these things because I feel the stigma needs to be broken about discussion of it and since leaving the JW's, I am trying to get involved, voting etc. I am against oppression and discrimination. If there is any against blacks, I would stand with them for changes. I don't see it though, I only see hate being passed down for the actions of whites pre 1960s (but also many whites including during that time fought with blacks to get them rights as well). Anyway as soon as the stigma is removed, then these things can be discussed nationwide by everybody and addressed or everybody keeps silent and allows a race war to keep brewing.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Good post EOM. I have seen and experienced similiar. I can relate because being a bi racial male raised as a JW, I really didnt fit in anywhere. Not at the KH, not at School, not with my white family or black family. I was both but neither. People always asked me what I am. Puerto Rican? Dominican? Arab? Black? Italian? Native American? I got so irritating.

Although in the USA a bi-racial person is generally seen as black, (this dates back to the mindset around slavery time) I never saw myself as anything other than me. I never identified with any group, and therefore fit in only with other misfits.

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

This is a simple bullying case stop trying to make things MUCH bigger than they really are when race is involved. The biggest problem is not racism it is our obsession with racism/race.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

BU2B - Yea, I bet it was really hard. I had a black gf who was a lighter tone and had a lot of the same issues. She also did good in school and got a good career. But her whole life, she was said she was too white, or skin too light color, so she was outcast by blacks, then when she dated white guys she shouldn't be doing that. I know there are also white racists out there. So being bi racial must be really hard, having racists on both sides against you. Hopefully you've been able to find decent normal people to fit in with and make friends with who don't care about skin color.

• BU2B
    BU2B

The bigger issue I see is that some black folks see nothing wrong with putting down people for "actin' white" when they use correct grammar, are educated, and are presentable. They are insulting themselves if "acting black" consists of no education, slang and ebonics, sagging pants and criminality. In inner city schools, the kids who want to learn are teased and bullied for being "nerdy" or "white". Here is a good example of this attitude. The sportscaster was talking about Robert Griffin III the Washington Redskins QB. Because he speaks well and has a white fiance, and may be a republican, this is the abuse he took on national TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Uw-8l234yY

• jam
    jam

It's not acting white, but being educated is the problem....

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" This crap seems to be getting worse and worse and needs to stop. Look at the comments of those stories. Arms are being bought at record numbers and you see many whites saying how they are feeling they need to be armed to be safe and if they got attacked by a mob, they would unload on them. No idea where you live, but as somebody who lives in a very diverse area, it's concerning where things are heading."

Chickens coming home to roost?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

"Chickens coming home to roost?" - That saying basically means 'you reap what you sow'. Are you saying whites are about to reap what they sowed or blacks are going to reap what they sowed or what?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

To think that prejudice against blacks in this country is over is so naive I don't know how to respond.

Is there black on white crime? Sure.

But statistical analysis of incarceration and police stops, whether by traffic cops or stop and frisk, show an overwhelming trend: minorities are stopped more frequently, and often for no reason whatsoever except that they are non-white.

Drug incarceration overwhelmingly skews against minorities, crime for crime.

"You have Al Sharpton screaming oppression on blacks but I never see any examples."

Really? Your head is in the (white) sand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit