Paranoia of today's WT study!

by stuckinarut2 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Stuck: "apostates usually start by not keeping up with their Watchtower pre study you know"

That is too funny!

I'm convinced that a large percentage of JWs just breeze through the WT with a highlighter Sunday morning before meeting just so everyone will think they "studied."

When I was trying to get reinstated to reuinite with my family, I would ONLY highlight the examples of manipulation, lies, logical fallacies, doctrinal flip-flops and false reasoning. In the margins I would write notes about contradictions and questions regarding points that didn't make sense. If anyone ever looked closely, I mean really looked, they would have known I was an "apostate."

But no one looks closely. During one of my JC reinstatement hearings one of the elders commented, "I've seen your Watchtower and how you prepare for the meetings. You are a very good Bible student!"

It's amazing that they think highlighting a few sentences and then regurgitating verbatim quotes from a juvenile level propaganda sheet is studying.

Idiots.

Let's review: It's a cult!

-

• ADJUSTMENTS
    ADJUSTMENTS

I think the picture in next weeks article and the timing of it just after the convention season, was placed there just in case the conventions this year had any protesters, so the WBATS could sat we told you so!!! We are great prophets we put this magazine out months before the conventions, and look what we predicted would happen!!! I must say I did not notice a single protester at my convention... Prophecy failed!!!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Very True Oubliette!

The APPEARANCE of magazine marking is all they are concerned with!

(white washed graves anyone??)

By using my tablet / "Jpad" (as someone very ammusingly put it), I can appear to be well prepared for the study.

In fact I had one brother say to me "I notice during the meeting that you always have your study article highlighted on your ipad. And I notice that you always seem to be taking more notes during the meeting with it. Well done" (patronising SOB)

What he doesnt realise is that I actually am posting on here during most meetings...thats why I am busy typing away!!!

Idiots!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

This tendency to look at other people's magazines for evidence of highlighting is baffling and troubling for me. I can't remember ever doing that. What small-minded busybodies.

• skin
    skin

I got that feeling a few weeks back, the bro on mics was standing behide me, looking over my shoulder. Not sure what he would have seen, but if he looked hard enough he would have seen that the WT I had open was not the right one, thats because I don't have the current WT and I didn't want to look out of place. Or have someone else give me their WT.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The GB knows that at some point, "apostates" will protest. What happens when the Conti case is finally won?? What happens when others decide to sue?? They are trying to plan for every possible outcome. Hey, if nobody sues and Candice loses, at least they have sown the seeds of paranoia.

DD

• millie210
    millie210

Sad to say and I hope I am wrong, I dont think the average witness even knows about the Conti case.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Data dog=This has been my sentiments as well. Even if Conti looses she has at the very least taught them a good lesson. At least it's on public record that they lost a case for $21 million + $1, and what that $1 symbolizes. I say good on you Conti.

• flipper
    flipper

I'll repeat what's been said- it's definitely a cult. A dangerous mind control cult. Glad I got out 11 years ago. Very manipulative information

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

So this was the topic last Sunday?

I'm glad I changed my mind at the last minute, put on my pants and stepped out of the house to go shopping instead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit