Copy of my DA Letter

by airborne 42 Replies latest jw friends

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Short and to the point. Excellent!

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Kaboom! Great letter airborne. Straight to the irrefutable point.

• Space Madness
    Space Madness

You'll regret this decision. You can't throw away 20+ years of your life and maintain your peace of mind. You should have done a slow fade.

• naazira
    naazira

I'm glad holy spirit led you to Google search "Jehovah's Witnesses". I really like your letter especially the way you concluded. Welcome to the site.

• DogGone
    DogGone

That may be the best DA letter I have ever read.

• crazyhorse
    crazyhorse

Great letter and straight to the point!

But don't lose faith in God. He will be by your side to the end and forever

• humbled
    humbled

Airborne,

That was a great letter. It left a way for the men who read it to reflect. Or if it sticks in their craw--well, they still have to deal with the points you made so well.

i hve continued to live by the teachings that have been attributed to Jesus. I do not trust the Bible, however, which leave me to a great deal of discretion as to how I follow Jesus. Called cherry-picking by some. I have no trouble hearing good teachings where ever it comes from. In the end we have to answer to our own heart. We have to be honest with ourselves.

All the best!

maeve

• airborne
    airborne

Space Madness

Thank you for your comment. But most of the JW's I've known over the past 20 years have various mental health issues. My elder friend said at least 1/3 of the congregation was on antidepressants, maybe more. Not to mention how many JW's are UNfriendly. So my peace of mind has actually increased in the past two days. Looking forward to not dealing with weird-acting people will do that for you.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Your letter was very well written. I imagine not many JWs are able to be so clear and honest in their DA letter, as often they are still under cult mind control and haven't grasped what has been done to them.

I hope you enjoy your new life to the fullest.

Lisa

• scary21
    scary21

DogGone, that is exactly what I thought. May be the best DA leter I have ever read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit