Copy of my DA Letter

by airborne 42 Replies latest jw friends

• airborne
    airborne

Hello all

This is my first time posting here, although I have been a visitor to it for around a year. After doing a simple Google search under "Jehovah'sWitnesses" over a year ago, I found TTAT. I was deeply unhappy with the congregation and decided to educate myself, and boy what an education I have gotten so far.

My main textbooks were Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom (both by Ray Franz, former GB member), as well as Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron (former elder). I'm sure many of you know this already, but it is for the benefit of any newbies who might be reading.

Anyways, I turned in my DA Letter a couple of days ago. I had been a JW for twenty years (baptized in '93 at the age of 29). I used to go to church believe it or not. It is a relief to be over as many people state. Count the cost though before you take this formal step if considering. In my case I don't have any family in so who cares if a lot of unfriendly people at the Kingdom Hall don't say hi to me around town? :>D I do have a couple of Witness friends who are like family though so that will be tough (Actually an elder and his family who moved away a couple of years ago).

Here is my letter in case anyone is interested. Oh, I told the elder I had a beer with about Jerusalem being destroyed in 587 BCE, not 607 BCE as claimed by JW's and he said he would have to research it. He got the point that this would render the 1914 establishment of the kingdom invalid. We generally had a nice conversation. He came into the Organization in the 60's so he's not one of these born-in elders who has difficulty with bible doctrine but could actually hold a conversation about most topics. If this letter helps anyone in their struggle it is worth posting. Peace to all.

Body of Elders

XXXX Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

RE: Disassociation Letter

Dear Body of Elders,

I hereby respectfully resign from the organization known as the Watchtower Society. My reasons are many but in a nutshell, no man or organization can take the place of Jesus Christ, who stated at John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Since the Organization claims to be God's means of salvation as divinely appointed, they indeed fit the description Jesus gave at Matthew 24:11, "Many false prophets will arise and mislead many." The Watchtower Society is guilty of being a false prophet, as are the churches of Christendom for that matter. The Congregation of Christ does not exist in any one particular organization or building, but is a spiritual one. This is reflected in Jesus' words at John 10:9, "I am the door; whoever enters through me will be saved, and that one will go in and out and find pasturage."

The Governing Body has placed itself in the untenable position of claiming to be God's sole representative and channel of communication here on earth. Why would God need the Watchtower Society, when anyone can come to the Father through Jesus Christ on their own? The Watchtower Society cannot save anyone and is therefore a liar, and we all know that God does not approve of lying.

As a final thought, I wonder just how many of you elders may know or suspect that God does not support this organization, but go along for the ride. In my case, I'm exiting at the next stop.

Best Regards,

PS I fully expect to never talk to any of you again (by your own personal choice) via dictum of the Watchtower Society's iron-fisted policy of shunning. Such is the excelling way of Christian love as exemplified by Jehovah's Witnesses.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well said.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Welcome to JWN!

What made you opt for DAing over fading?

• sir82
    sir82

Well done.

It's short enough that it might actually be read. And the points are spot on.

So many people write a 16 page DA letter, not realizing that after a paragraph or 2, once the elders figure out it is a DA letter, they stop reading.

• airborne
    airborne

I wrote the letter a week ago and was holding on to it. I've faded off and on for the past few months and just decided it was time to do it since the elder stopped by my house and invited me to lunch.

• Honesty
    Honesty

And that's just the way it is.

The organisation has kicked Jesus in the head and replaced Him with the 'faithful and discreet slave' AKA the 7 popes on the Governing Body.

Those false prophets are deceiving 7 million people and will surely burn in hell forever for their blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

I say good riddance to them and all they represent.

• SpeedRacer
    SpeedRacer

I have been contemplating the Da letter myself. I can see my folks face when they read out loud :::::: is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. It would be a stake in their hearts. But well done!

• momginny52
    momginny52

Marvelous, marvelous DA letter. Short and to the point - states your case very well and should be thought provoking to the elders (should be but may not secondary to their degree of brainwashing). I am going to keep a copy for future reference.

• airborne
    airborne

Thanks for the supportive comments. I'm still in a wind-down phase mentally from the JW's.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Marked for possible later use......never know.

Remember.....It's a freaking cult

GTTM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit