Copy of my DA Letter

by airborne 42 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

A big WELCOME to you Airborn....

Sherry

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I love your letter. If it were mine, I would not give them my regards; Sincerely, would be my choice for a closing. Also I would not mention other church groups, some of which may love and serve the Lord Jesus Christ.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

good for you!

• airborne
    airborne

Vanderhoven 7

You are right about the church groups. There is one a block away from my house that I will be attending this Sunday. :>D

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Congratulations airborne, it takes courage to DA and your letter is a great template for anyone wishing to do the same.

Woohoo! for you.

• Listener
    Listener

Great letter Airborne, I particularly liked the PS. I also hope that you enjoy your newfound freedom.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm a great editor(less skilled writer and can't edit myself to save myself) and I would not change a thing. As an experienced former JW (over 30 years now), I think you said the exact right thing. Wish I could be so succinct! I know you are unburdened now because you kept your class, your dignity and actually maintained a respectful (as towards other human beings) vibe to the elders. Wow.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Welcome! Love the Da' letter.

My peace of mind grew exponentially once I left the cult. Enjoy your freedom!

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

What a beautiful letter, are you going to attend more than one outside church (you mentioned one, I was wondering if you will check out others too, to see what's cooking?) or stick to reading the Bible and "get Apostate thinking" because the Governing Body has stated repeatedly "The Bible is not enough!" Charles Taze Russell said "It's better to have the Study in the Scriptures Books than the Bible, the Bible will lead you to darkness soon after reading it. Studies will keep you spiritual above the Bible according to our extensive evidence."

You called them what they are, "False Prophets" who put themselves on the seat of Moses, the Governing Body are like the two sons of Aaron who offered illegitimate fire to Jehovah and were consummed because they were drunk with power! Nice letter, how can anyone disagree with your kind but blunt statement of the facts? Good Job!

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Yes, probably the best DA letter I've read on here.

Congratulations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit