Have you ever read the review of Steven Hassan's books on Cult news.com?

by Enzo 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beautiful Dreamer
    Beautiful Dreamer

Yes, Flipper. I've read his books.

He was looking for some JW stories to include (as per Danmera Dinglebum on facePALM...er book.)

• Enzo
    Enzo

Good morning from Europe,

hey Ignat, oubliette mentioned a good site: I would suggest you to read the book of Dr Lifton: Titel: Thought reforms and the psychology of totalism.. I think that at chapter 22 he describes th tecchniques of brainwashing.. interesting lecture.. Have a nice day! By the way the apple conference yesterday has influenced me a lot to buy the I-Watch.. Lol..

The way out: i am thinking the same thing...

Have a nice day,

• jgnat
    jgnat

I hear that lefties are not at all happy about the i-Watch.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/11086766/Apple-launch-who-is-Scarf-Guy.html

• Londo111
    Londo111

Sorry I was away from this thread for a while...I was offering some insence to a picture of Steven Hassan.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I haven't read Hassans book, but from what I understand, it has helped a great many people break free from the manipulations of the Watchtower. I guess now I will have to get it and judge for myself. I have seen no worship of Hassan, just a lot of people who said it helped them. I am all for what works.

When I see you come here and immediately start attacking something or some one, it makes me very suspicious as to the motive. Something seems not quite right about you. Maybe it's the language, maybe you are a troll, but if you want people to take you seriously, you need to explain yourself.

Were you ever a Jehovah's Witness?

Are you one now?

Are you employed by the Watchtower or have they requested you post here?

Do you think the Watchtower is a cult or high control religion?

If so, what is the basis for your belief?

Do you think other books would have been better at helping people break free of the Watchtower?

If so, what are they?

If you have some relevant education or experience in helping people break free of cults, then what is it?

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

TJ Curioso ... I'd like to read your article. I can read portuguese. Can you PM me please?

Eden

• Enzo
    Enzo

Good evening from Europe..

jgnat: Thank you for that interesting article about I-watch.. But Apple will be my favorite gadget.. LOL..

EdenOne: nice to meet you.. I will explain myself:

I am trained in psychology, , and work for the integration service in our Community..and organizing cultural activities, there I deal on a regular base with Muslims, Protestants, catolics, and also Jehovah witnesses.. I like this job but at At september I will start another course In how dealing with a psychose, and other psychiatric disorders...so whe can help them more, especially those living in poverty. In our community.

I don't work for the Watch Tower, and I am not a troll.. But I know the JW teachings very good... And have a lot of JW friends..

I hope I answered your questions..

PS: sorry for my English, Google translator would be my salvation..

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

curioso: thank you for your comment.. When this article will published send me a message, because I like to read it..

A question,: In America there are between 2 millions-5 millions people involved in approximatelt between 2000-5000 Religious cults. Are all these people subject to mind control? are they all influenced against their will?

good night from europe

Enzo, if You want and can read in portuguese I can send You the article now.

The question You do reflects a misconception of how cults work. When someone is influenced by other, whether in society or in closed groups as sects, rarely is against their will.

The process of indoctrination or "influence" is done so that you feel you need that group or leader for your well-being, happiness or salvation.

The problem comes, as with those inside of Jehovah's Witnesses, when someone begins to have doubts or does not believe anymore. That is an untenable and difficult situation because on one hand you want to be free from the group but otherwise will be reprisals if You decide to leave.

In destructive sects rarely the person out unscathed. There is always a price to pay, be it moral, physical or emotional. And not to speak of family and friends who are in the group and they began to consider you a traitor and apostate enemy.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Enzo I replied to Your question. Satisfied?

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

I'm Dutch and I feel quite embarrassed by this 'Enzo'-type...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit