Have you ever read the review of Steven Hassan's books on Cult news.com?

by Enzo 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Enzo
    Enzo

Hi, to everyone my username is Enzo,

recently a saw a video presented by John Cedar presenting Steve hassan as a Cult expert..

But read this reviews presented on Cult news about Steve Hassan's books, and it's up to you make your own opinion about the video

presented by Jonh Cedars...

I Hope I can have a great time here, in presenting you facts, about scientific research about Religion, and Cults.

I have study psychology, and like to be balanced, and prudent in stigmatising religious minorities as a cult.

• Londo111
    Londo111

It has nothing to do with being a minority religion or their doctrine. There are healthy environments and unhealthy environments, both in regard ‘minority’ groups, as well as more popular movements.

It has to do with certain group’s authoritarian structure: the control of behavior, information, thoughts, and emotions.

The pain these authoritarian groups cause is very real. The deaths some of these groups cause is very real. In the case of this forum, the premature deaths, including that of children, exceed any other. Stick around and learn from people who have had life experience in these groups, rather than worrying about whose research is better than whose.

• Beautiful Dreamer
    Beautiful Dreamer

Enzo, Lol, I typed in your name and it was autocorrected to Snap. That made me laugh.

Hello.

Yes, I have read Hassan's books. Yes, I have read the reviews.

Make your point.

• Terry
    Terry

A good thing you might want to try as a Newbie on this discussion group is to review the archives by TOPIC TITLE.

I've been around here for 10 years.

I've seen the exact same subjects come up again and again cyclic and persistent.

My conclusion is, as people cycle out of the JW cult, they have to process a lot of very troubling conflict.

One way to do it is to meet others who've gone through the same process.

I'd estimate about a third of the people who respond to posts have got a lot of arrows sticking out

of their back. They are veterans of the Apache wars, so to speak.

Another third are in love with the sound of their own thoughts. Nothing wrong with that if the thoughts are rational :)

The last third are truly fantastic people who are interested in everything. They have taken the hits and picked themselves

up and dusted themselves off and made their way to sanity.

WELCOME ABOARD.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

How do you view the archives by topic title? I've never seen an archive link and the search link is just a keyword google search?

• Enzo
    Enzo

Hello to all of you, nice to meet you.. i will make my point..

Dr Cathleen Mann, a COURT RECOGNIZED expert in the area of cults has written in 2012, an interesting critical review of Steven Hassan's book..

She summarize the major problems with Hassan's unsupported theories, and claims, while being UNCRITICALLY accepted by a certain segment of

ex- cult members..

Pseodoscience and unssuported claims, within the anty-cult Community that tend to pathologize anyone who has been in a cult group as well as the

problem with bracket creep in models of so called cults is an area that has received far too little attention in my opinion..

PS: iWhen I have Time I will demonstrate by a new topic, why the BITE model presented by Steven Hassan is so controversial...

Have a nice day friends...

• jgnat
    jgnat

What I like about Hassan's descriptions, is that they worked. I am able to distinguish between a cultic personality and the natural one. The natural personality very often is ready to leave the abusive environment.

With it's high control, secretive judicial meetings, and shunning policies, the WTS divides families. An abusive group that fully earns it's title as a cult.

• Enzo
    Enzo

Hallo jgnat, a good evening by the way..

the main issue is: have you examined on a critical way the BITE model, and the theories promoted by Steven Hassan?

you say that they works.. Can you have one example of a Court where recognised experts are using his BITE model?

Have you asked yourself, why recognised court-cult experts don't use the BITE model promoted by Hassan?

is he a recognized Court expert these days? I don't thinks so..

Do you have statistics that can prove your statement?

greetings Enzo..

• Magnum
    Magnum

Can you have one example of a Court where recognised experts are using his BITE model?

Have you asked yourself, why recognised court-cult experts don't use the BITE model promoted by Hassan?

is he a recognized Court expert these days?

I have not read Hassan and am ignorant in this area. I would like to open-mindedly hear what you have to say.

However, at this point, I must say that I don't see any significance to your point about "recognized experts" using his BITE model or his not being a "recognized court expert". One could just as easily turn what you say around and say that Hassan is an expert and doesn't use the other guys' models. Also, since when do courts determine who experts are?

• jgnat
    jgnat

My experience is entirely anecdotal. I used the techniques to help my hubby exit the Watchtower Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit