Who Pays The Ferryman....?

by hillary_step 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

For those who missed it,this is a good thread,it`s nice to see it back!...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 15 June 2002 22:52:23

• chester
    chester

This is an important thread that needs to be read by as many people as possible.

Thank you, Hillary, for posting it.

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Belbab,

"In a post some months ago, after 9-11 disaster perpretrated by fanatics, I asked a question, Who said these words, Go to your assignments and DIE there if necessary? No one replied to ask me, and I forgot about the post til now.

The answer to the above question.

Nathan Homor Knorr, in a address to the 34th class of Gilead at South Lansing,in 1960, told the students, GO TO YOUR ASSIGNMENTS AND DIE THERE IF NECESSARY!"

Ahhhhhhhhh, like an all-power king to his foot soldiers. I'll plan the war - you go fight it! Thanks for your post - as Lisa brought out - a lot of us do.

waiting

• simplesally
    simplesally

If the thinking of an elder, CO, DO, etc, is changed, it makes little difference to the WTS and normally results in their rapid expulsion from the WTS. Change the thinking of a member of the GB and doctrine changes with it.

This quote is so powerful! How true! If a publisher, elder, CO or DO had a different view on a scriptural matter, you'd be df'd....but if a GB member comes to that conclusion and shares his view, the matter is discussed and voted on! There are several matters that have not passed the 2/3 vote so the matter has not come to change WTS doctrine, but do you think that the ones that voted in favor of the "new" view get talked to, met with or df'd???? No way!

Talk about a double standard......its ok for them to think and discuss scriptural points or ponder on them but not anybody else. They need to invest in some mannequins or better yet, I could drive down to Hollywood and buy them some rubber blow up dolls!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Nathan Knorr's infamous remark to my wife many years ago when she asked him how he could sleep at night being aware of the pitted trail that the WTS left behind it, is very telling, "I leave these things to Jehovah to deal with". It shows the ease with which people can come to terms with the foulest deeds if they can pass on the responsibility to others.

: In a post some months ago, after 9-11 disaster perpretrated by fanatics, I asked a question, Who said these words, Go to your assignments and DIE there if necessary? No one replied to ask me, and I forgot about the post til now.

: The answer to the above question.

: Nathan Homor Knorr, in a address to the 34th class of Gilead at South Lansing,in 1960, told the students, GO TO YOUR ASSIGNMENTS AND DIE THERE IF NECESSARY!

That must have really bothered good men like Art Worsley who literally gave his entire adult life to Bethel and hypocritical assholes like Knorr and his cronies. Before he died, Art told a friend of mine that he used to sometimes work the night desk and would see Nathan and Audrey and one or other couples come back very late from a night on the town at the swankest restaurants and clubs in Manhattan, with their exquisite tuxedos and gowns, smelling of good wine and cheer, and all the finest life has to offer.

Yet, Knorr had no problem telling his slaves to

GO TO YOUR ASSIGNMENTS AND DIE THERE IF NECESSARY

while he lived like a king with his chauffered Cadillacs and personal body guards.

If there is to be a judgment, it will weigh heavily on him and his ilk.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 29 June 2002 18:7:42

• ballistic
    ballistic

The mention of the society playing dangerously with peoples lives reminded me of their 'tacking' explanation. For those that don't know, the 'tacking' explanation is one taken straight out of 'You Knows' book of flimsy explanations and compares ever changing doctrine with the path of a sail boat against the wind. To use their own analogy, if you were to plot the position of the boat as it crosses a line leading to the final destination, that is fine. But also draw on that diagram another line indicating life or death to the sailor. And now explain if his course is, indeed, a wise one.

I would just like to make a side comment that there was no speculation entered into in Hilarys post, but I for one, will speculate that they will back down on the blood issue alltogether eventually and the blood on their hands will run faster than ever. As most of you know, my father died without blood and if the society's doctrine changes so that he died for nothing, I will not be sitting here making quiet posts to a message board.

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

OK I am a JW but not a lurker--I am a member of this forum although I have been absent for many, many months. One reason I left off posting here is because I got the impression that some who posted here were questioning things that the Bible speaks about, but were blaming the society as if the society invented it.

I think HS's post was something worth thinking about, however.

(

Didn't mean for this post to be read--thought I was changing it to purple! LOL

• Richie
    Richie

A post so well written Hillary_Step that I too have included a copy for myself to read many times over!

I also echo the sentiments of TMS, in that your synopsis was written in a well thought out manner seasoned with a deep conviction and grace coupled with research based on fact and truth!

Richie :*)

• jgnat
    jgnat

Boy, does this post deserve the rating! Thank you, Hillary, for articulating the WTS injustice so well. I thought this comment was telling:

I just stared at him in amazement that someone could share in the murder of so many innocent people and only be concerned with being caught.

I have observed that JW's, in contrast to other fundamentalists, are far more concerned about what "Mother" thinks than "Father". I blame that fear of "Mother" on some of the inconsistencies in JW behavior. Questionable activities that are not in the public eye (such as what is watched on TV) are permissable or ignored. Since Jehovah is more concerned about loving your neighbour than the WTS is about time counted, the needy neigbours gets a magazine instead of a casserole. I believe the fear of being caught pervades the entire organization.

On the other hand, since most fundamentalists are much more concerned about what God thinks (who is everywhere and sees all). This produces guilt similar to what the JW's experience, but the fundamentalists tend to behave in a more consistent manner according to their beliefs. Being caught is not at issue. God knows already what they have done. The neighbour gets a casserole AND a sermon. The fundamentalist watches the TV show but then repents and sells the darn thing.

• Masterji
    Masterji

HS said:

"Death by Disfellowshipping - Let me offer the GB a challenge, especially given that they herald themselves self-confessed lovers of Truth?. Why not publish in the Yearbook for 2003, the statistical figures for those who have killed themselves due to having been disfellowshipped. A disciplinary procedure that is so open to interpretation that each decade the WTS changes its policy on how to treat such persons. They have used as an offensive weapon the most natural right that belongs to people, that of the expecting the love and loyalty of a family."

The Watchtower seems to think that shunning causes people to come back. Here is the question: Is that the proper motivation for a return?

Would you want your child to return to you just so that they could speak and associate with the other children?

Those who testify that shunning caused them to return, seems to me, is an improper and selfish motive.

For everyone who says that shunning helps, there are thousands who have been harmed and hurt by it.

That alone shows that it is unscriptural.

M

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit