Who Pays The Ferryman....?

by hillary_step 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

bttt

• openminded
    openminded

As often as I check this board, I cannot beleive I missed this essay.

I was a potential everything...rendered, with much

fervor, by people who "cared" into a void and waste of

life. My parents are guilty of killing not only the

dream but the dreamer as well.

H_S THANK YOU for this.

om

Edited by - openminded on 25 November 2002 16:2:38

• FlyingHigh
    FlyingHigh

I really liked your post Hillary Step. I liked your post too Open minded. I have to say my parents stunted me a little too. The only difference is I didn't find out till it was way past too late for me.

• setfreefinally
    setfreefinally

I totally agree masterji

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

bttt for newbies.

hillary_step's post on page 1 of this thread needs to be read by the influx of new people who have registered on this forum.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Well done Reborn, this is a must!

Brummie

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Well done Reborn, this is a must!

Brummie

I hardly did anything, but thank you.

Dont praise me, thank hillary_step for writing such a powerful, eloquent, and thought-provoking essay. (one of my favorites on this entire website)

It should be required reading for questioning Dubs and all members who join this website.

bttt

• nowisee
    nowisee

yes, thank you hillary and reborn for bringing this back.

i am so full of sadness right now after reading this thread. my father died a broken man, directly traceable to the heartlessness and actions/non-actions of the wts. i can't help but think things might have turned out differently if he had had a forum like this to share his thoughts, to know he was not alone. i wish he were here. he would have been a great poster.

thanks again. now let me have my cry.

nowisee

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

WOW...it's not often I see an old post resurrected (pardon the word usage) that sparks my interest as keenly as this one did.

This was and is a damn fine read.

The scripture in Matthew 23, speaks for itself (those who use the bible for reference).

Many fine questions are raised, and Reborn you were wise to bring this back up. This was written long before I came to this forum, so even "I" found it useful and beneficial.

An excellent read.

• waiting
    waiting

((((((((((((nowisee)))))))))))))))))

It's so sad when we think of the ones before us who either gave their lives & health for the WT - then were shunted away as inconvenient. Or worse, some of those same people *saw the light* - but then, were alone with their pain & anger.

The internet forums open to jehovah's witnesses who are still part of the WT, or quietly *taking a leave* - are powerful friends and tools to use, as long as the forum owners give up part of their lives to help us.

Thanks to Simon & other forum originators for their graciousness. lol - or at least their tolerance.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit