Who Pays The Ferryman....?

by hillary_step 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Preston
    Preston

Again,

Great post Hillary despite Minimus's antics

• minimus
    minimus

I put this thread back on the board! What are ya talkin' about??

• ballistic
    ballistic

Just read it for the first time.

Mircea Eliade once stated. "A person who steals the vision of another has murdered his soul".

A great quote, and for us, we know one can regain his soul.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Great thread indeed. Especially about "death by non-life" which is seldom thought of. Thanks for bringing it bttt.

• Scully
    Scully

Many have lost their lives or spent years behind bars for a refusing to engage in non-combatant activities offered to them by their Government rather than enter the military services. Again shifting policy at the hands of God / GB has changed that scenario, so now persons can avoid being sent to jail and exercise their conscience over non-combatant duties.

One thing - besides the obvious wrongful imprisonments and deaths - that really bothers me about this particular issue are the families who have been deprived of their loved ones because of this now defunct policy. Did the WTS or any JW congregation within reach of these families ever make a point of showing appreciation for the sacrifice these men, women and children were making at the behest of the WTS? Did they ever make an extra effort to encourage them? to include them in social activities? to assist the families financially if necessary?

At the very least, Worldly People? try to make some efforts in recognizing and showing appreciation for veterans of war and military families who are separated from soldiers who are deployed to far-off assignments. They make allowances for the widows and orphans of war. They support those who fight and sometimes die for the freedoms so many of us take for granted.

But for these JWs who engaged in Spiritual Warfare? and Fighting the Fine Fight? and putting their lives and freedom in jeopardy in the name of Freedom of Worship and Freedom of Speech, there is no rememberance, no accolades, no compensation for them or their families.

To me, it demonstrates the utter selfishness and greed of the people at the helm of the WTS - men who would never dare to jeopardize the comforts they enjoy to trade places with the ones who end up suffering the consequences for doing as the GB says, but not what the GB does. The GB sits in their ivory towers built on a foundation of the lives of these ones who foolishly trusted the promises they uttered. They are contemptible and reprehensible in the extreme.

Love, Scully

• toreador
    toreador

I enjoyed your post Hillary!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Death by Non-Life. Mircea Eliade once stated. "A person who steals the vision of another has murdered his soul". These dramatic words capture, I believe, the essence of one of the WTS most collectively damaging concepts. In order to separate its adherents from the rest of humanity and subsequently control their lives, the WTS has with determination and singularity of purpose, severed individuals from the creative urges that are so important to mankind and his progress. Potential Doctors, researchers, ecologists, artists, poets, musicians, intellectuals have been stirred into the melting pot of WTS life in an attempt to stifle the unique voice that cries out within each of our hearts.

What is my vision? What is my voice? Has my soul been murdered?

• dinah
    dinah

"A person who steals the vision of another has murdered his soul".

That sums up so much.

• Confession
    Confession

So this is the sort of post HS used to write? Outstanding...

• chickpea
    chickpea

stunning, sobering clarity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit