Who Pays The Ferryman....?

by hillary_step 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cellomould
    cellomould

H_Step,

You have certainly seen many things. I can only imagine what others, still struggling with faith in JWdom, are living through right now.

Your title reminds me of a recent movie, From Hell, where the investigator puts pennies on the eyes of the victims of Jack the Ripper. Quite a startling imagery.

But another key feature of this movie is that responsibility for evil is pushed away by many guilty parties. The lengths to which people go 'wash the blood from their hands' is astounding.

Well I have seen a new meaning in the 'pennies for the ferryman' myth. Thanks for sharing,

cellomould

"You're crying 'why am I the victim?' when the culprit is YOU" Stevie Wonder

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Excellent indeed.

I've never had to fish a friend's body out of the river, but once I was asked to give a funeral talk as none of the elders would do it.

The young man shot himself in the head with a high-powered rifle, because he found himself hooked on drugs and felt that he was a disgrace to Jehovah's name. He figured that he would be cured of it in the resurrection.

It astonishes me how completely the Organization ignores the parable of the wheat and the weeds.

LoneWolf

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement, it is much appreciated.

TMS,, You are quite correct, I did think long and hard before I used such words as 'genocide', 'murder' and 'common criminal', but I honestly can see no other conclusions that could be drawn given the facts.

Nathan Knorr's infamous remark to my wife many years ago when she asked him how he could sleep at night being aware of the pitted trail that the WTS left behind it, is very telling, "I leave these things to Jehovah to deal with". It shows the ease with which people can come to terms with the foulest deeds if they can pass on the responsibility to others.

I suspect that this is where Ramond Franz and Nathan Knorr differed greatly in attitude from one another, I also suspect that the GB is even today made up of 'Knorrs' and Franz's'. The reality is that whatever their emotional make-up, they make the decisions, they discuss them in detail and then discuss how to implememt them, and as such they are all collectively guilty.

I find it difficult to judge the Captains and the Infantryman in this vast and macabre theological nightmare, despite those that can at times behave in such an appalling fashion. To what extent they have been victimised by the system, is difficult to say.

If the thinking of an elder, CO, DO, etc, is changed, it makes little difference to the WTS and normally results in their rapid expulsion from the WTS. Change the thinking of a member of the GB and doctrine changes with it. This clearly shows who bears the responsibility for the blood that now 'cries out' to be avenged.

Best regards to you all - HS

• Perry
    Perry

Well spoken Hillary! I have long thought that all the needless deaths are by far the most reprehensible aspect of the WT organization. Sure there are alot of other atrocities, but death has a finality that no other abuse can compete with.

When I asked my father one time who was responsible for all the deaths from the organ transplant ban, now allowable blood fractions, and selective service prohibitions, he claimed that no proof of that existed. I just stared at him in amazement that someone could share in the murder of so many innocent people and only be concerned with being caught.

I believe your post captures the paramount issue of what is wrong with the WTBS......murder

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

HS,

Good work man!

Thanks.

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?
  • ashitaka
    ashitaka

helluva post....going to show that one to my sister.

ash

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Absolutely fascinating. When you hit the bottom line, this is why any outsider is crazy to get involved with a witness. It is a life and death matter. Thank you.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

HS,

You have put the Watchtower on a scale and have shown them to be grossly wanting.

As "Spiritual Israel" they have claimed to drink the wine of God's blessings, perhaps it is now time for them to also drink the wine of God's maledictions.

Thank you for this excellent, though somewhat painful, summation of our once beloved "home" where the emperor truly has no clothes and all the king's horses and all the king's men cannot hide his nakedness anymore.

Take Care,
    IW

• riz
    riz

excellent post, hillary_step.

if i had a dollar for every time i heard the phrase "it's in jehovah's hands," i would make bill gates look like a transient.

how convenient. leave it up to some invisible entity to handle the fallout. what a crock.

~riz

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey hillary_step,that was a pretty nasty thing Norr said to your wife.The man sounds like he was a cold hearted prick.I guess you`d have to be,to watch people around you suffering and or dieing and do nothing about it.You bring so much interesting information to this board.Thank you...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit