Take Responsibility For Your Thrownness

by non_trias_theos 50 Replies latest jw friends

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

LDH:

Thrownness is too a word. Get a philosophical dictionary. It means the quality of being thrown.

$$$1) How many books have you read(religious books) that have not
    been written by the WT? If you feel that you are free to do
    so....may I suggest that you start with "Twisted Scriptures"
    by Mary Alice Chrnalogar.$$$

Non has read quite a few non-Witness religious books. He even knows one elder who has a huge library filled with commentaries on different Bible books. Non has no problem reading publications written by enemies of the truth. He simply refrains from reading apostate literature.

$$$2) How free do you feel....time-wise? You make a lot of meetings,
    do alot of field service? Does it feel like you have no life
    beyond these thngs? It's because you don't.$$$

Yes, yes, no.

$$$3) How do you feel about Smurfs? Garage sales, and bringing those
    items home? Girl Scout cookies?$$$

I hate smurfs since they give me nightmares. Hate garage sales cause I like my stuff spanking new. And girl scout cookies melt right in me mouth.

$$$4) How old were you in 1975?
    I was 9. I was not a Witness, not even studying with them.
    But, I had a friend who was. He was the same age as me. I
    wonder now, if, when all the predictions started about the
    "last days"....that this poor, sweet, little boy didn't have
    nightmares every night....wondering if he would make it.$$$

If he was righteous, he had no worries, mate. And I do not remember how old I was in 1975. I was too spaced out from my life in the 60s which took place prior to the life of a Witness.

$$$5) Which brings me to my final question... you said that "fear was
    not the ONLY thing that kept you with the Witnesses".
    My question:
    Why would a God of love want you to be afraid of him?$$$

He doesn't. But he does expect us to fear him in a non-morbid manner.

$$$Let me answer that for you.
    Because it isn't God that wants you to be afraid...it's the
    guys at the top, who want to see you out there making other
    Dubs. Peddling magazines. They don't care if you believe,
    just don't cause trouble.$$$

Funny, dude. I thought Matthew 24:14 and 28:19-20 was the reason we wuz out dere preaching. Coulda fooled me.

SYN:

$$$So, FLAME BAIT, why don't you answer Farkel's questions properly?$$$

Cause he does not ask them properly.

$$$You say that a husband shouldn't be a dictator. Your "religion" says he MUST! Here is the definition of "dictator" from dictionary.com:

dic·ta·tor Pronunciation Key (dkttr, dk-t-)
    n.

An absolute ruler.
    A tyrant; a despot.

$$$

The husband is not an absolute ruler. Read 1 Samuel 25 about Abigail who was blessed by God for disobeying her husband. Or what about 1 Corinthians 11:3 which teaches us that the husband has two entities over him, God and Christ. The wife must obey God before she obeys her husband. Therefore the husband's authority is no more absolute than the US or Japanese form of rule is.

• non_trias_theos
  • TR
    TR
    For all yo non-believers!

Proud to be a non-believer of WTS B.S.!

TR

UADNA-WA
    Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America- Washington Division

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Quote:
    " Non has no problem reading publications written by enemies of the truth. He simply refrains from reading apostate literature."

Hi Non, Don't you consider publications written by enemies of the truth the same as apostate literature?

• AMarie
    AMarie

Non Said:

"I was too spaced out from my life in the 60s which took place prior to the life of a Witness."

Nuff said.

AMarie

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

Dutchie:

$$$Hi Non, Don't you consider publications written by enemies of the truth the same as apostate literature?$$$

No I do not. Let me make my meaning transparent. This is something which I failed to do earlier.

When I used the phrasing "the truth" I meant actuality, reality or in Augustinian terms, God. So an enemy of the truth, as used here, refers to someone who either intentionally or inadvertently opposes God--who is truth. Take Carl Sagan as an example.

True, according to the jw model, both apostates and some non-apostates oppose God by means of the written text. Yet the Witnesses differentiate between those who supposedly knew Christ and abandoned him and those who never knew him to begin with, Dutchie. So I too make a distinction between enemies of truth who have never known God and those who seemingly know him, then desert the God of truth.

Non's take on the matter.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

In his major philosophic work, "Being and Nothingness," Sartre conceived humans as beings who create their own world "by rebelling against authority and by accepting personal responsibility for their actions, UNAIDED by society, traditional morality, or
    RELIGIOUS FAITH."

gee, that certainly sounds like JW's....................
    maybe YOU should try reading Sartre........

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

$$$In his major philosophic work, "Being and Nothingness," Sartre conceived humans as beings who create their own world "by rebelling against authority and by accepting personal responsibility for their actions, UNAIDED by society, traditional morality, or
    RELIGIOUS FAITH."$$$

Let me clear one thing up with you. Non is not saying that Sartre was a theist. What non is doing is offering a theistic reconstruction of Sartre's account of existential freedom.

$$$gee, that certainly sounds like JW's....................
    maybe YOU should try reading Sartre........$$$

Non has read Sartre. Pretty nauseating stuff.

• deddaisy
    deddaisy

before you attempt to "clear" things up for anybody else, may I sugggest that you first
    "clear" things up for yourself...

"what non is doing" is showing this board that he has not a clue as to the meaning of the words and names he throws around, and is therefore
    a waste of time........
    later

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

$$$Let me answer that for you.
    Because it isn't God that wants you to be afraid...it's the
    guys at the top, who want to see you out there making other
    Dubs. Peddling magazines. They don't care if you believe,
    just don't cause trouble.$$$

Funny, dude. I thought Matthew 24:14 and 28:19-20 was the reason we wuz out dere preaching. Coulda fooled me.[/quote]

You're right. You are being fooled. Don't take it too hard. We were all fooled at one time into thinking that selling literature door-to-door was biblically ordained and part of some grand separating work. Depending on which way the wind is blowing this week, I think the separating thingie is out, but they still claim selling magazines is a biblical mandate.

However, inability to clearly communicate aside, you seem like a smart enough guy. I'm confident that before Armageddon gets here, you'll see the truth.

Hmmm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit