Take Responsibility For Your Thrownness

by non_trias_theos 50 Replies latest jw friends

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

We are the decisions we make. So some say. We are thrown into the world and left to make of it what we will. Non trias thinks there is some truth to these observations.

God has allowed us to see the light of life so that we might make of it what we will. Our decisions and how we respond to our thrownness and to existential everydayness determine who we ultimately become and how we fare in this world. We cannot blame others for the decisions that we make in our field of being. We are free rational substances with a high degree of autonomy. We rational substances possess volitional freedom and the ability to experience individuation.

Therefore one should not abdicate the responsbility of living authentically (Existenz). Do not blame the Society for the decisions you make. Even the decision to use one's thrownness to become a jw is an act of freedom. Freedom brings with it responsibility. Fredom also includes the potential for enjoying blessings or suffering maledictions.

Use your freedom wisely and responsibly.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    We cannot blame others for the decisions that we make in our field of being. We are free rational substances with a high degree of autonomy. We rational substances possess volitional freedom and the ability to experience individuation.

But I am a woman and have no ability to think freely....or perhaps you are one of the people who has seen the NEW LIGHT?

I am submissive and ask my husband for direction on all topics. He especially enjoys going shopping with me and picking out bras and panties.I do not feel that I have the freedom to make this decision on my own. I trust his judgement. As I should, since he is a man.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: how we respond to our thrownness and to existential everydayness

I thought I would respond to foolishNESS.

: Even the decision to use one's thrownness to become a jw is an act of freedom.

And if it you become a dub, you surrender your freedom to think, speak and act to a bunch of clowns.

: Freedom brings with it responsibility.

That's why dubs don't have it: they cede their freedoms and their responsiblities of choice to a bunch of clowns.

After you become a dub, freedom is only a meaningless term.

: Fredom also includes the potential for enjoying blessings or suffering maledictions.

That depends upon whether you surrender your freedoms to a bunch of clowns, or not.

Farkel

• ballistic
    ballistic

You know what? A brother used to say to me when I was a kid in the 70's, "the new system is so close, you can almost reach out and touch it". I realise after reading 'Crisis of Conscience' that Jehovah's Witnesses have felt like this since the 1880s.
    When I used to see all those old ladies (invariably) at the hall and elderly criples who no one was speaking to, I had no idea they had possibly spent their whole lives not waiting for 2002, no, but believing they were right on the edge of the new world order back in the early 1920s.
    They have spent their whole lifetime looking forward to what never came and making decisions as you say, with the freedom to make their decision, based on those promises they were given.

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

$$$But I am a woman and have no ability to think freely....or perhaps you are one of the people who has seen the NEW LIGHT?$$$

I have actually seen the old light. Know what I mean?

There is a difference between potency and act; potentiality and actuality. You are free in potentia. That does not mean that you are necessarily free per actus. While the former always lies in your power, the latter only comes about when you employ your rational capacity and exercise your relative autonomy in a balnced way.

$$$I am submissive and ask my husband for direction on all topics. He especially enjoys going shopping with me and picking out bras and panties.I do not feel that I have the freedom to make this decision on my own. I trust his judgement. As I should, since he is a man.$$$

Why do you ask your huband for direction on all topics? Have you not read Proverbs 31? Proverbs 31 shows that you as a woman have been granted precious freedom by God to take responbility for your own existential thrownness and you have the authority to pick out your own undergarments.

• SYN
    SYN

Ballistic: This is because they surrendered their freedom to think to a bunch of CLOWNS! LOL @ Farkel...

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

• Dawn
    Dawn
    Even the decision to use one's thrownness to become a jw is an act of freedom.

Unless you were "born into it" as I was. I didn't have a choice as a child - but I did use my freedom of choice once I was an adult to leave.

I do not blame the society for any part of my life - but I CHOOSE to help others OUT OF HER so they also can grow and heal.

• non_trias_theos
    non_trias_theos

$$$I thought I would respond to foolishNESS.$$$

Why are you not replying to your own threads then?

: Even the decision to use one's thrownness to become a jw is an act of freedom.

$$$And if it you become a dub, you surrender your freedom to think, speak and act to a bunch of clowns.$$$

You may have surrendered your freedom when you became a Witness. I did not. Speak for yourself and avoid the argumentum secundum quid.

: Freedom brings with it responsibility.

$$$That's why dubs don't have it: they cede their freedoms and their responsiblities of choice to a bunch of clowns.$$$

Again you are talking about your personal experience. You cannot justly generalize from your own abdication of rational freedom to my refusal to abdicate my God-given autonomy.

$$$After you become a dub, freedom is only a meaningless term.$$$

For you maybe. And those who place humans above the Bible. But the Scripture says that where God's spirit is, there is freedom. The truth will set you free (Jesus Christ). Get with it, dude.

: Fredom also includes the potential for enjoying blessings or suffering maledictions.

$$$That depends upon whether you surrender your freedoms to a bunch of clowns, or not.$$$

Don't blame jws for your personal decisioon to surrender your freedom. Do not blame God either.

• ballistic
    ballistic

You know some of those elderly even had the freedom to have children but choose not to - because of the Watchtower lies.

• SYN
    SYN

Non: You may have surrendered your freedom when you became a Witness. I did not.
    BS! If you don't surrender your freedom of religion, you aren't ALLOWED to become a Witness! You are seriously spewing large amounts of brownage NOW!

And those who place humans above the Bible.
    Which part of the Bible? Sheesh, I should set up a FAQ list of frequently-horrible bits of the Bible!

Get with it, dude.
    Jesus Christ seemed like an OKish dude, but his DADDY!

Don't blame jws for your personal decisioon to surrender your freedom. Do not blame God either
    Sigh...so who SHOULD we blame? It was NOT a personal decision. The greatest motivator for becoming a Dub is simple, animilistic FEAR transmitted through the frontal lobe which groks religion to the inner bits of the brain, which only grok pain. Somewhere in the translation, faith is born! Don't tell me you don't fear "Judgement Day". What would your religion be without it? Answer: It wouldn't exist as a religion.

"Vaccination has never saved a human life. It does not prevent smallpox." The Golden Age, Feb 4 1931 p. 293-4 - The Sacredness of Human Blood (Reasons why vaccination is unscriptural)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit