A question for Athiests.

by new hope and happiness 101 Replies latest jw friends

• Viviane
    Viviane

I get irritated with atheists when they consistently say theists have no education, do not know anythng about science, and are not as smart as they are. Its a very jw way of dividing people.

Who, specifically, is saying theists in general have no education? Can you be specific? I can provide tons of specific examples of specific people here that lack a solid foundational education in science. There are also a lot of atheists that do also.

• Paris
    Paris

Bingo

• cofty
    cofty

I get irritated with atheists when they consistently say theists have no education, do not know anythng about science, and are not as smart as they are. Its a very jw way of dividing people. - Paris

If that ever happened I would join you in getting irritated.

Paris did you previously post as Villagegirl?

• Viviane
    Viviane

So, Paris, you're retracting your general claim that atheists claim theists are uneducated? If not, can you provide specific examples of that claim being made?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I get irritated when theists (i.e. "Paris") make specific claims about atheists but never back up their statements with substantiating proof validating such claims.

• cofty
    cofty

I get irritated when posters get banned for making repeated, vindictive, personal attacks and then come back a few days later with a new account.

• Paris
    Paris

Posts made on this site ? Examples? have you ever read a post by any atheists saying theists or Christians do not accept evolution ? Or that believers lack thinking ability, or education ? Or are in denial and can't think straight ? Or are childish. These kinds of posts appear all over this site. You post here and probably have for years and all I did was read some posts and saw this trend. Really? You are going to deny this ?

• cofty
    cofty

Paris - Many theists do reject the fact of evolution and are woefully ignorant of science in general. All of them are superstitous.

Some are very intelligent and mature.

I object to all general attacks on groups. That would include your sweeping statement above.

Did you previously post as Villagegirl?

• Paris
    Paris

I get irritated when posters get banned for making repeated, vindictive, personal attacks Did you previously post as Villagegirl ?

Cofty I saw her posts months ago. I had no idea you had banned her. So this means you have a SHUNNING policy here ? I thought this was a SHUN-FREE-ZONE . OMG I am already being shunned !!! I have to admit I liked her posts even though they could be caustic. I was hoping to meet her, do you have her personal email perhaps ? I did not see any post about shunning or banning. Where did she go?

• Paris
    Paris

Cofty - I am confused - I looked up Villagegirl and her Membership is till listed. And she has hundreds of readbale posts. So how can she be banned ? Are you sure ? Why does she appear as an active Member ? How does this work ? Can I message her ? Will they forward the message to her ? Or is this like Disfellowshipping, no mercy, no contact ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit