A question for Athiests.

by new hope and happiness 101 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So why do some atheists want to convert?

Actually I think more people eventually turn to atheism or agnosticism, at least thats the trend in the last past century.

Some people do convert back to a religious faith mostly out of personal trouble or emotional instability..

Its seems once knowledge and education has increased in a persons life they tend to relinquish much of the traditional

religious beliefs their families may have had in the past.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"So why do some athiests want to convert?" -

Wait!!, What!!

How exactly atheists do that?

Well, atheists go door-to-door, talk to you about atheist's beliefs, use the atheist Bible to support the rightness of their beliefs, give you atheist literature, then persuade you to attend a local atheist church. Obviously.

• cofty
    cofty

i can't disprove the existence of God - NH&H

I can prove the god of christian theism doesn't exist. If somebody wants to define god so vaguely that the word loses all meaning then of course that god would be unassailable.

It is dishonest to present the 'god - no god' argument as if it was a 50:50 debate.

If you begin by carefully defining god then the theist has all their work to do.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

As i was leaving the witnesses i became a J.W Athiest door knocker. I knocked on the door and had nothing to say when it opened.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Atheism isn't a religion.

"Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color."
    - Don Hirschberg

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Some people Who Claim to be Atheists aren`t even Close to being Non Believers..

They`re Angry at God,for Not Being what They Expected..

Which is Amusing..

It`s like Being Angry at the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy..

.................................... photo thsmilie_happy_251.gif

.................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Anyway i think most importantly tje world needs more tolerance. If we ate more tolerent of each other thete would be less bloodshed and more peace. Ad humun beings we should stop making judgements and strive to make the most of our lifes.

Funny thing is though i would imagine very few people on this site wete bought up athiests and we ate all bringing shades of color from our previouse views even those that still belive in God. I dont pretend to be able to account for it but i do feel many religiouse posters have something i envy. I cant rationalise that thought.

Funny if this wasnt a internet chat room the first thing we would be interested in is the persons sexuality. On this forum i think we look at a persons faith.

:PWNED

The above smiley means who ever sends it has claimed the topic to thete own and thete right to the argument. I dont there is any last word to many debates. But i am grateful for many athiests here for putting up an being patient with me as i joined.

: PwNED.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Atheism is a religion like abstinence is a sex position." -Bill Maher

• Mandette
    Mandette

My journey to non-belief has been filled with research and lots of thought. Religion and God are not logical. I'm a logical person. I do allow there MAY be some higher consciousness out there. Even IF there is we are just not that important to merit it's attention. IF there really is a "God", he's impotent, uncaring or at worse a mean little kid on an anthill with a magnifying glass.

I don't "preach" at people about being agnostic/atheist. However if you throw your faith in my face, I will reply. When someone tells me that a horrible car accident was "God's Will" I tend to throw up in my mouth.

Just my very worthless .02.

Mandette

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Outlaw said: "Some people Who Claim to be Atheists...They`re Angry at God, for Not Being what They Expected.."

Either that's an oxymoron... or you mean that some atheists are angry with the things that some believers preach about, promoting a false belief in a loving and personal kind of God that doesn't exist and yet still needs your time, money, and full devotion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit