What is the best advise you have ever been given?

by new hope and happiness 52 Replies latest jw friends

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Awhile a go i was uptight about a matter i can't remember now and my friend said to me " give the other side the victory". A while ago my little boy was getting uptight and argumentative with his mum i asked him " to let it go" in effect i suppose " giving the other side the victory"

Anyway i am sure our life exsperiences have allowed us both receive and give good advice. How about sharing.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Awhile ago whilst watching T.V my wife started vacuming i suggested she by a broom. This resulted in a few days of not being spoken too. So i would like to add thete is " a time to speak and a time to shut-up"

• Beautiful Dreamer
    Beautiful Dreamer

Live your life.

Unfortunately, I didn't take the advice given. I do recommend others do.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Best advise i learnt knocking doors was a householders wise words " i never toch the subject of religion. My beliefs are personal" And they may well of been but also i realised his belifes could easily have played a more active and positive role in his life than mine did in mine.

• Beautiful Dreamer
    Beautiful Dreamer

Best advice I learned knocking on doors: " Don't ever do that again." I didn't take the advice given. I recommend others do.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Beautiful Dreamer: A householder once said to me " I already have my paradise" he was referring to his home and also i am sure that he was living in the " NOW"

I have really since leaving the W.T enjoyed living each day in the now. That is GREAT advice.

• Beautiful Dreamer
  • bigmac
    bigmac

Awhile ago whilst watching T.V my wife started vacuming i suggested she by a broom.

ha ha-----youre damn lucky you didnt end up wearing that broom------you could then sweep up behind you.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

bigmac: You will be pleased to know as a make up present i bought my wife a lovely second hand cylinder model, which i understand has given her great pleasure.We are now divorced you see. Only Joking.

• zeb
    zeb

"As above so below".. an ancient text suggesting that as we think so it happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit