Sept 1 service meeting mystery revealed

by Saltheart Foamfollower 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Assuming they invested the $800 Million in sales over the last 10 years at a measely 3% per annum it must now have grown to about $950 Million. The wad of cash grows at about $27 million a year - how about writing the following:

" I will donate $3.85 as my share of the $27 million generated in interest on sold NY properties per year"

Dubs love "$$ per publisher" shit....

• factfinder
    factfinder

nonjwspouse- very interesting articles-thanks for the link!

I remember when the new printery was planned for 85 Jay st. First it was to be a 380,000 sq ft bldg, but then the society purchased the entire block allowing for 1 million sq ft to be used for the new printery and the wts trucks.

Suddenly, the plans to build it were dropped.

Years later came the plans for the large residential complex there, but it mysteriously got dropped too! Since Jehovah is always directing the gb, I guess he just could not make up his mind what to do with the property so he told them to use it as a parking lot! LOL!

• factfinder
    factfinder

AndDon'tCallMeShirley-

While the wts is one of the largest printing companies in the world based on actual production, they do not make it into the Printing Impressions 500 largest printing companies ranking which is based on revenues.

I imagine donations have dropped off sharply since the figure for 2000 was listed in that NY Newsday article in 2001.

• factfinder
    factfinder

Saltheart-I'd be very interested in seeing that video if a link becomes available.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Another aspect of this is that congs have been given very little notice (next tues for many) that they will need to be able to show a video to the cong. COs have shown videos recently but bring their own equipment. They don't care about the expense and difficulty that this will cause many (who of course will say that they are "happy" to do it for the org)

factfinder - I've saved a copy of the video but I don't know how to convert it or post it without it being traced back to me. Maybe after it's been shown?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

ADCMS thanks for the detailed breakdown of the WTBTS property sales. I copied it to my growing research folder :)

• factfinder
    factfinder

Saltheart-

Thanks! If you can find a way to share it afterwards I'd love to see it but don't do anything that could get you in trouble.

• factfinder
    factfinder

I'm sure the vast majority of witnesses have no idea that the society has been taking in so much money from the sale of their properties and donations would drop even more if they knew about it.

My jw brother insists Satan controls the media and would say all those sales reports are lies. He wants to keep his eyes closed.

• 88JM
    88JM

I'm told the video is about 7 minutes long, as part of a 15 minute special item.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

factfinder: My jw brother insists Satan controls the media and would say all those sales reports are lies. He wants to keep his eyes closed.

The sales are public records. Does he thinks they're doctored/fake?

Does he thinks the WTBTS is just giving the Brooklyn properties away for free?

How does he think the Society is able to afford to build their compound in Warwick on 102-hectare (253 acres) of property in upstate NY?

It's on the JW.ORG website for goodness sakes!

Witnesses to Relocate World Headquarters

Does the think THAT is fake?

Seriously! It's truly amazing how otherwise intelligent people can be so stupid when it comes to their refusal to question or even examine their own religion and their beliefs.

Stupid!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit