Sept 1 service meeting mystery revealed

by Saltheart Foamfollower 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

Hi all. The letter has appeared at last - just for UK. It is a money grab for the new Bethel which has been approved. There is a video to be shown - just watched it - brief summary of UK bethels, why current one is too small, why we need money to build a new one. This will be followed by a letter being read asking for slips to be filled in to show how much extra everyone will donate. My question is - do I fill in zero or a large sum? I will of course be sending nothing, I just wondered which would cause the most disruption if we all did the same.

BTW Stephen Hardy looks v uncomfortable in the video.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Thank you for that.

George

• Londo111
    Londo111

$$$

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They have just made nearly 400 000 000 selling their property in NY. Cant some of that go towards it? After all by the time the old London Beth hell property is sold they will probably make nearly 100 000 000.

They " donate" funds to foreign branches then claim it back through charitable status. Meanwhile the country they donated to donates it to another country until any charity investigation cannot trace it, probably to the Cayman islands.

And didnt the congos all contribute their savings accounts? (and cannot ask for money back for essential work: the society said they must find funds from local contributions)

I am starting think witlesses really ARE just that. They cannot retain or think clearly about anything.

Where did all the money go when the Spain beth Hell was closed????? How much did that sell for? Hmmmmmmmmmmm

And the 70 000 000 they got back when they won the case against being taxed in France?? Hmmmm??? WELL?

• steve2
    steve2

Religion is a snare and a racket.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Assholes..... Vote with your pocketbook!! If anyone asks why you stopped donating, just say that you can't add to the Pedo defense fund.

DD

• sir82
    sir82

The WTS asking for money!

Whoda thunk it?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

If it's going to be someone else who's adding everything up, fill out two slips. The first should be a largish sum that you'll never pay (which will hopefully force the congregation to give a number of local needs talks when they fall short each month) and the second should simply have "Matt. 5:33-35" written on it.

If you're counting it up, fudge the numbers so that you end up peldging about 50% extra. That'll really screw with 'em.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

The message in the video is that they want to count the cost to see if they can afford to build. My thinking is that either I put zero and if others do the same, they'll not be able to build. Or I put a large figure which they wont get and they'll keep badgering the congs. As long as enough of us agree to do the same thing, it should cause some disruption.

• Batman89
    Batman89

God be burning through his cash super quick...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit