A QUESTION I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANSWERED BY JWs

by NAVYTOWN 33 Replies latest jw friends

• label licker
    label licker

I wonder what the witlesses will do if they come across meat glue. Look it up on youtube under Meat Glue Secret Youtube and could someone put it on here please and thankyou. It's suppose to keep small pieces of meat together to look like a whole steak or roast. Get more dollars for those cuts than if those small left over pieces were made into sausages. It's made out of pig and cow blood. When using it, you have to wear a mask or the glue if inhaled can get into your lungs. Never knew this stuff existed but it's out there.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Too much info. about meat. I will become a vegetarian.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

This subject was discussed before the Senate of Australia 15 years ago. Note the responses from the Watchtower and Jehovah's Witnesses representatives, Donald MacLean and Vincent Toole.

DOWNLOAD FULL TRANSCRIPT

JW LEAKS

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Well, Those convoluted answers say essentially nothing. First of all, and I know next to nothing about meat processing, I would bet that these days the blood drained from slaughtered animals is NOT 'poured on the ground'. What planet are those guys living on? I suspect the blood is used for making 'meat glue', etc. How do JWS justify eating a rare (bloody) steak when they won't allow a dying child to have even a pint of transfused blood to save his/her life? JWs should be forced to explain this hypocrisy at every opportunity. Bring this up to the next JW you meet, and watch them squirm.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Mr Toole says , Quote " That is all the Bible says had to be done - blood poured out on the ground " UnQuote .

So why is it OK for Jehovahs Witnesses to receive fractions of blood that is processed from donors , who are not Jehovahs Witnesses , and the blood is obviously not poured out on the ground , but is stored , once donated , then processed in a laboratory into fractions , where Jehovahs Witnesses can then take it in good conscience . ?

Jehovahs Witnesses are not allowed to donate their own blood to be stored and broken down into fractions for possible later use , however they can use fractions of blood that has been donated by non witnesses , that has not been poured out on the ground ,

as Mr.Toole suggests should be done ,according to scripture .

smiddy

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow

So if you have a paper cut on your finger and you suck it...

• Mikado
    Mikado

storm crow when I was a child that was like the ultimate sin........what a crock!

• Stormcrow
    Stormcrow

Mikado....are you serious? I thought I was being funny. You mean it was a " Thou shalt not?" Ye Gods!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It's symbolic.

It represents you blindly obeying an otherwise meaningless directive in order for you to demonstrate your unquestioning loyalty to "God's" superiority.

God, of course, is no where to be seen, but he has had plenty of "representatives" over the ages.

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses have been perfectly happy to enforce this particular test of faith, loyalty obedience over the years.

• blondie
    blondie

Here's the WTS "explanation"

*** w72 9/1 p. 544 Questions From Readers

When meat is cut in the course of preparation for cooking, or when it is sliced after it has been cooked, a reddish fluid may run out of it. Is such meat suitable for eating by a Christian?—U.S.A.

A Christian may eat meat only from animals that were drained of their blood at the time they were slaughtered. The Bible commands: "Keep abstaining . . . from blood and from things strangled."—Acts 15:29.

Of course, even the meat from properly bled animals may appear to be very red or may have red fluid on the surface. This is because bleeding does not remove every trace of blood from the animal. But God’s law does not require that every single drop of blood be removed. It simply states that the animal should be bled.

Then, too, there is extravascular fluid in the meat. This fluid may mix with traces of blood and take on a red color. The extravascular fluid filling the spaces between the cells is known as interstitial fluid and resembles blood plasma. But it is notblood and therefore does not come under the prohibition respecting blood. Hence the presence of a reddish fluid does not in itself make meat unsuitable for food. As long as an animal has been properly bled, its meat may Scripturally be used for food.

There may be times, however, when a Christian has reason to believe that an animal may not have been bled properly. If there is no way for him to get the facts, he may choose not to eat the meat and thus avoid disturbing his conscience. This is in harmony with the principle stated at Romans 14:23: "If he has doubts, he is already condemned if he eats."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit