A QUESTION I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANSWERED BY JWs

by NAVYTOWN 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Here's the convoluted response I've heard...

"Jehovah knows how to read our hearts. If he sees that someone knowingly violates Bible principles regarding blood, that person will not survive Armageddon. On the other hand, if a JW consumes food without knowing that said food might have some blood, Jehovah will forgive that JW. "

So... It's OK to eat steak. Just pretend you don't know that it may contain some blood.

• prologos
    prologos

There was a whole JW panick some time back. 70s 80s? about not eating hamburger, hot dogs because of the admixture of blood into the amalgams called

'meat products'. I SAW PAILS OF BLOOD DELIVERED TO THE MEAT SECTION OF A SUPER MARKET. BUT:

if there could not have been a flood as described, I would not worry about the aftermath, handwringing that followed.

but avoid immune system reactions, whereever you can.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Can I have sex fractions?!?! I feel that it's a conscience matter. Don't ask, don't tell. You don't ask, I won't lie and say I didn't do it. Seems fair.

DD

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The bible prohibition on blood was dietary and had to do with God allowing humans to eat meat but to keep in mind the significance a life including that of an animal. The act of pouring the blood on the ground was not due to blood being unhealthy but to outwardly show the animal's 'killer' as having respect for the life of the animal.

Whoa! That's way too much common sense for the average JW. That sort of logic has no place in the JW universe. You are going to have to dumb that down a little. A typical JW will cover their ears and keep repeating " It says abstain, It says abstain."

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I've heard the excuse (justification) - 'It's not blood, it's juice'. WTH

My responce - 'What juice do you think is in an animal?'

Sorry, but it's juice. Otherwise, why don't you see "blood" coming out of a freshly-cooked turkey when you slice and eat it? Their blood is red too. Read this: http://www.realfarmacy.com/the-red-juice-in-red-meat-from-the-grocery-store-isnt-blood-its/

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Can JW's eat Hebrew National hot dogs? They DO answer to a Higher Authority, after all....

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Don't forget to sit foward when having a nosebleed lest Jehovah will smite you down if it goes down your throat....

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I remember there being a thread here where someone used some kind of device used in medical testing that would detect the presence of blood. That contraption proved that meat does in fact have blood in it. The capillaries carry blood into the muscle tissues and it won't all run out during the normal bleeding process. Jews developed a system to try to get out as much as the blood as possible by using salts and what not.

I didn't know any of this when I was a Witness. After I learned it, it made very little sense that God would be so fanatical about blood where he would require that people die before accepting a blood transfusion yet he was apparently okay with people eating small amounts of blood with their meat dishes. How long would it take before the blood you ate became the equivalent of a pint or two of blood that you would have injected during a blood transfusion?

That's the kind of idiocy that results from people trying to apply a centuries-old book (actually a collection of books that span many centuries) literally in today's modern age.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Okay...fractions and juice aside...what about eldubs who just lovvvvve some RARE steak? That's definitely some blood being eaten, no matter how you try to slice and dice the description.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I like steak tare tare. Mmmmmmmmm (drools)

Great thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit