A new member

by LP97 36 Replies latest jw friends

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Wow, you're really lucky. My parents had me signed up as a publisher by 9 years old. You won't even show up as inactive, so the elders will probably just forget about ya. What I wouldn't give to have been in your situation at your age. Well done, sir.

• steve2
    steve2

LP97, welcome. If you can stomach us and - better yet - find so many points of agreement, you are well and truly on your way out.

You sound neither faint nor timid and you convey a sense that you are not a loose canon - which is handy whilst navigating a safe passage through a potential religious minefield.

You are presently either doomed or on the cusp of a wonderful new life. I think your active brain cells will push you in the direction of a wonderful new life - although it would not be unknown for a tussle in your head between an indoctrinated sense of doom and louder assertions of better things ahead for you and as far away from your local Kingdom Hall as you can stand.

Your parents sound cool. Besides, you appear to have what it takes to make your own life, parental approval or not. If this is what you are like at 17, you will be positively on the way at 18.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome from a fellow Scot - Coatbridge congregation.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

welcome! looking forward to hearing from you!

• bigmac
    bigmac

welcome LP97--heres a link to a few more in the UK:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/197364/1/ex-jw-uk#.U_zyq_ldX8Y

we also have a couple of lively--secret--FB groups if youre interested--please ask

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Welcome LP. Glad you are awake before you get consumed into dubdom.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Congratulations on your escape. A bright future awaits

• Thor
    Thor

Welcome LP97!

Good for you! Enjoy getting your education!!

Peace to you, Mrs Thor

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hi LP97...Another Scotsman here welcome to the forum.

At age 13 I was baptised (1964 ) by the time I was the age you are now I was definately fading.

Unfortunately unlike your parents I had no encouragement re further ed' or decent career prospects but had to find my own way so your parents are at least doing the right thing on that score.

Best wishes to you for the future.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hiya, welcome to the forum lad...stick around x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit