A new member

by LP97 36 Replies latest jw friends

• free and happy
    free and happy

Hello and welcome, from sunny North East England, its nice to have a teenager post!

Our whole family have been out for 6 years now, best thing we ever did and our children are thriving!

My eldest is at uni studying to be a nurse, and number 2 daughter is just starting college and wants to be a geologist!

Thats not the ambition they would have had drummed into them in that cult!

I agree with bible student and ask you parents questions, i'm 44 and thats the process i'm using with my dad at the present although gone awol is a little bit more gunghoe with it then I am, but he is questioning more so i'm hopeful, my mum is out so thats a bonus!

Never give up on them, show them you mean business, stick to your guns and the best thing to do is to let them see is how happy you are! That has more power than you realise.

Look forward to your posts.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome LP97. Glad you are posting.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

There is one thing that strikes me about the newer posters and that is just how young they are. I always sort of assumed that this would be a place of older middle aged people. But I'm beginning to think otherwise. All the best mate.

• outforever
    outforever

Freedom!

• MissFit
    MissFit

Welcome. You have plenty of time. Enjoy your options and make sure you let your parents know how much their support means to you.

Be gentle with them. They will be feeling like failures because they couldn't keep you in. They will mourn you because they want to picture you in paradise with them.

Hopefully if you show them respect they will respect your decisions and not view it as an attack on them and their values.

Take care.

Miss.Fit

• zakharijah
    zakharijah

Welcome LP97, I'm from Greenock :)

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

17 is a brilliant age to have woken up/about to leave the cult. When we exited, my born-in, baptised daughters were 16 and 18. Almost 3 years later it is

impossible to detect on any level that they were ever in.

Now go and live a wonderful life!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit