ELDER LIES AND GET'S PRAISED FOR IT! FALSE ACCUSATIONS AGAINST ME!

by BucketShopBill 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

Want to know how a lie can turn into a compliment? Only in the JW mindset!!!

We got called into the dreaded back room after meeting to find two elders wanting to discuss a 'serious' matter with us. They said we had been seen associating with a DF'd member of the hall. We completely denied it, not having even seen that person recently, but having heard they moved into a house two streets away. We said no, absolutely not. We pushed back but they kept shaking their heads and telling us of the seriousness of it and how we could be subject to strong counsel if we don't stay away. Finally we asked who made the charge. A certain elder was named. We asked if such a helpful elder could give times or dates of what he claims to have seen. They said no. We said ask him right now.

So they went and got the elder and brought him in with us. He was VERY uncomfortable to be there. We were angry. We asked for a reason why he made an accusation. He said that the DF'd family had moved near us. We were in disbelief, did that mean we were associating with them? He said no, but it COULD happen. He said it would be terrible IF it happened and was SOMETHING that MIGHT come up. He totally admitted that he knew of no specific dates or times.

So the big shocker wasn't just this mouthy asshole lying, but what the two elders did next. They COMPLIMENTED him on showing concern for our family, and asked if we agreed that it was VERY HELPFUL and THOUGHTFUL for him to worry about us. They then counseled us for getting heated up about such evidence of fine spiritual shepherding on his part. Because, yeah, we were mad. He lied, slandered us, admitted it, and we're the bad guys for calling him on it. Then they said a prayer, again praising Mr. Liar and praying that we not be offended by loving counsel but consider it a growing potential.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

Several years ago, I was studying with a Witness MS. He related a story about a Witness who was supposedly seen by 'someone' smoking a cigarette in a restaurant. Well, he said it turned out the offending Witness was eating a CHEESE STICK which the busybody assumed was a cigarette. That is about when I decided that JWs were officially nuts.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Oh WOW!!!!

Bill, Im so sorry to hear of this!

BUT, Im not suprised....its the oldest technique in the book!...Make an accusation, then watch you squirm about it, and watch you get heated up denying it...THEN counsel you on becoming irate!

Next time, please take this advice.(trust me, I have been in such a similar situation once with false accusations from and elder that ruined my reputation)

If asked to go in to the back room, or asked to have a chat, just politely say: "thanks, but all is ok, we would prefer not to" and walk off casually. Dont be agressive or argumentative...just kill them with calmness and politeness....

This method messes with their power illusion while still ensuring that your dignity is in tact.

All the best !

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Let's review: It's a cult!

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

WOW! That is beyond weird.

Don't know if you have the stomach for it, but perhaps at the next meeting you could ask for a minute of these 3 morons time in the back room, and tell them, VERY CLAMLY AND WITH RESPECT THAT THEY DO NOT DESERVE, that you would appreciate it if BR. LIAR never again lies about you to anyone , slandering your good name. Please tell those 3 Lying is never ok, it is neither thoughtful or helpful, it's only purpose is to start trouble, or to deflect attention from oneself in order that the liars own wrong doing might go un noticed. If he wanted to be helpful, the normal, thoughtful thing to do would be to talk to you man to man, expressing his concern for what he thought MIGHT happen. You're not saying that Mr. Liar has done anything wrong he wants to deflect, just that that is 1 of the reasons someone might lie about another. How does he know where the df ones live,( is he stalking them) or communicating with them regularly? Seriously, don't ask if he's stalking them!

I think if you call them out while remaining calm and matter of fact, they cannot argue with the facts. HE LIED. PERIOD. Then they tried to turn it around, as only ones who are corrupt can do.

Sorry you had to go through this.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Hey Navy...I also heard that one.

And this event too:

A Brother was seen 'walking with a women of ill repute (prostitue) along the street'. Assumptions were made, and he was torn to shreds... When the truth came out, all that occured was that he was walking on the sidewalk to get to his car and happened to pass a women who was wearing a mini skirt!

The accuser though had just driven past at the exact moment that their strides were in unison for one second...so jumped to a wrong conclusion!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I would have ripped them a new one, and maybe said " F YOU!!" Well, I would use this as an excuse to leave. Seriously, try and reason with one Elder about how stupid that was. Make him admit the truth. Then leave. You don't need that crap.

DD

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Sloppy damage control. Because they can.

• 88JM
    88JM

Thinking about it, I don't ever recall hearing of anyone getting counselled for slander. At worst, it's usually passed off as gossip, and maybe ends up as a local needs item for the whole congregation.

Like your story, it always seems to be the one being slandered that gets painted as the bad guy. Elders are notoriously bad for not admitting when they're wrong. I think they must think that showing any weakness might stumble someone, coming from "Jehovah's representatives", or maybe they're just too proud. Lack of apologizing is a problem that goes all the way to the top as we all know though.

• Aroq
    Aroq

You are the one to allow this to happen. You give them the control over you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit