Today's WT study! So hypocritical!

by stuckinarut2 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

OneEyedJoe, well played!

• prologos
    prologos

The comment you did not hear from the silent commentator:

Par 13-14, question "-b) what lesson can we lesrn from Elijah's experience?-" answer:

for dissidents, 450 opposers are worse than I ambitious Elder's wife., the typical Jezebel.

makes you wanting to week long one way hike into the nature trail.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Yes, let's not be so judgmental about others. Like Br. McLean, who is currently a fugitive and on the US Most Wanted site.

It's more a warning about not looking at what atrocities others in the org. are committing because that could be discouraging.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

As my wife so fondly states, " We are not supposed to be negative. We supposed to speak of up building things." Translation= When you point out a very real and legitimate problem in the KH or ORG, you are being negative. Checking your brain at the door and accepting what the FDS provides is the secret or happiness.

DD

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Touche' oneeyedjoe! touche'....

I am also glad to see that my wife is not the only wife that is asleep or affraid to have there own opionion in this whole mess.

funny thing happened an jui jitsu class "lol" yep i still do martial arts...never stopped and never will. the instructor was talking about getting in

a bad hold... and he made a comparison to have a bad relationship with a girl.

he said you have two options:

1. Tapout if you see no way out!

2. if you see a way to get out of the hold that you got yourself stuck in and need to get better position. your going to have to work your ass off, it's going to hurt like hell. but in the end your position may put you in place where you could win the match.

jui jitsu is just like chess and us who are in relationships with JW significant others is the same. play a chess game and always think before you move to get position.

as in jui jitsu we say position before submission...this applies to our situation.

God Bless all and stay close to Jesus!

GTTM

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

The comment that came to my mind was regarding the opening picture which seems to show a mother/daughter late for the meeting and a couple behind them looking judgemental about it. The article was trying to get the idea across that we should not be like that judgemental couple.

In reality, the CO and elders talk at other times about how disrespectful to Jehovah it is when people show up late for the meetings. My comment (in my mind) was how 'strong' this mother had to really be to be arriving late, knowing that, by showing up late (for whatever reason), she had already been condemned by the CO/elders as 'disrespectful of God.'

The article, by itself, was not that bad. The reality is often different, even by those 'taking the lead.'

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Listen, obey and be blessed...or else.

This is typical behavior of an abusive relationship. I control you, put you down, demoralize you and slap you around tonight. Tomorrow I shower you with gifts and tell you how much I love and care for you.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

The sad fact is many of the JWs in my Kingdom Hall were highlighting their Magazine trying to finish before the Microphone Runner made it to their seat! Nobody noticed the BS because they did not have time to reflect on what was written, you all are the only ones who studied the lesson!

When the Watchtower Conductor has trouble trying to extract anything from the Study Edition for "The Spiritually Impaired", guess he did not put in his "four hours of pre-study" he claimed to do each week to help bring out all the gems from the Magazine.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Par 5 states in part: '...Unlike Satan, who strips humans of their dignity, Jehovah view all of his servants, including those who seem to be weaker, as "necessary."

About a month ago a 17 year old young JW lad in my congregation was given public reproof. His name was mentioned from the platform. The whole congregations of 165 in attendance no doubt went home that night wondering what he did to deserve being 'stripped of his dignity'and shamed publicly! Most in the congregation will as a result keep their distance from him and limit their assosiation with him for months and months to come. Many people who experience such public humiliation as this lad almost never recover from the bashing!!!

This poor 17 year old's experience is proof that Jehovah's Witnesses do not view human weaknesses as Jehovah does!!!

Public embarrassment of this sort takes place in the 110,000+ congregations of JWs toward those who are baptized and unbaptized! And that ain't no bullshit!

This study article is filled with nothing but horse manure!!!

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

always a matter of double standards:

one of my mother in law comments to This study was based on the James letter stating That we do not have to judge.agreed by everyone by force noding heads.

later after the meeting she discussed the case of a jw family they know, who is sending their 19year old daughter in another part of the country to go to high School (and live with DA relatives incidentally...): "This Is a mistake, they should not have done That, blah blah blah".

still not judging hey?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit