Today's WT study! So hypocritical!

by stuckinarut2 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillin
    stillin

By plucking its' petals you do not gather the beauty of the flower.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Stillin, I love that quote by Rabindranath Tagore!

• stillin
    stillin

Oubliette, Mahareshi Yogi said something similar something like "One cannot grasp the beauty of the rose with a pair of tongs."

thanks for putting a name on the "petals" one!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Stillin, I hadn't heard that one, but I like it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

This article is so demeaning, playing on peoples' self-image issues.

Now a bunch of JWs are going to think of themselves as "little toes" of the congregation.

Each of us should " feel good about our role in the local congregation " even if we're just a "little toe."

I really had a WTF moment when I read this bit of hypocritical irony in paragraph 5:

• Unlike Satan, who strips humans of their dignity, Jehovah views all of his servants, including those who seem to be weaker, as “necessary.” (Job 4:18, 19)

Yeah, JWs would NEVER doing anything to "strip anyone of their dignity" like disfellowshipping them for all sorts of trivial non-offenses, requiring humiliating interrogations by a trio of incompetent, unqualified yahoos.

• stillin
    stillin

Mark my words, there will be an article soon that will warn ones regarding bad association within the congregation.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

When I was in the cult, Several times I asked the fellow believers about donating to charities and natural disasters. Invariably everyone advised me to provide the donations to the Watchtower, which they mentioned was the most charitable thing to do.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I can't believe the hypocrisy being spewed out...both in the article and by means of the answers from the audience!

I'm used to seeing it now. The WBT$ want to keep bums on seats by making the R&F feel morally superior in this instance. The GB just want money and power really otherwise they'd practice what they preach.

Truthfully though, it's very 'culty'.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What Jam said. This is a reactionary article to placate the sheeple who are on the verge of becoming doubters. That's all it is, a stop-gap measure.

DD

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,I think they will say,"Oh,what a nice lesson today." Then go out in service and judge those not at the meeting and service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit