Debunking the Bible

by Coded Logic 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

Dis-Member I cannot quite work out which side of the fence (if any) you are on . I do agree with your statement about atheists , or at least some of them . Many are respectful of the beliefs of others but some are not out to win friends just influence people . Your comment on evolution is right , if only the fittest (toughest ) survive what incentive is there to be nice . Except many people are nice and can feel empathy and pity , in fact we alone among all living things have a conscience . Where , I wonder does that come from ?

Jan

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

Jhine,

Being nice is a very important part of the evolution of social species. This should come as no surprise to anyone. Societes that work together survive. Societes that don't work together don't survive. Our quality of life is entirely dependant upon the tribe that we live in. We all have a vested interest in looking out for each other. Its why you'll see things like cognitive empathy and altruisim in other social species like dolphins, chimpanzees, elephants, etc.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Thank You Jhine.. Some times I too wonder about dis-member, it's almost as if he/she is a Nihilist, and simply derives pleasure from messing with people's belief paradigms. Maybe we can hear form you dis-member, do you derive some type of pleasure from referring to other human beings as headless chickens?

I'm going to have to go through some of dis-members past posts, to try and understand where all of his/her aggresion comes from.

Just look at his/her comment about "headless" creatures, and then compare that with his name "dismember".. Alarming to say the least.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

Coded-logic',

I see from your statement that you care.. If you'd like you can help me try and understand the source of dis-member's abnegative compulsions.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Objective I trust it in many places but doubt somethings. Don't trust everything you read of Herod for instance.

Since Josephus becomes his own main charactor later in the etxt we must be careful when you see Josephus doing heroic acts. It is a very prideful book.

• Coded Logic
  • jhine
    jhine

Coded and Objective , thank you for your replies . Dis come on tell us more about what makes you tick .

Jan

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Has anyone read the book by the late Geza Vermes called, I think, "The Real Gospel of Jesus" ?

Just wondering, 'coz I have a huge reading list, if it is considered worth a read I shall do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit