Debunking the Bible

by Coded Logic 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

There seems to be an endless number of ways to show the Bible is not devinely inspired but all of it seems so complicated. Anyone know any simple arguements for this?

• Moses Joe
    Moses Joe

Actually there are a number of logical ways to suggest the bible is a crock. However, you will not succeed in making the bible contradict itself, no matter what anyone tries to tell you. Logic is your only friend here. Two things come to mind right away for me, I've thought of MANY more over the years and will try to call them back to mind for this topic over the next day or so.

First one that comes to mind is the fact that in Eden, in Genesis, after Adam and Eve sin God is spoken of as coming down to the garden and looking for them because they were hiding. If he is god, why does he have to look for them? Doesn't he know where they are?

Second, and very similar to what happened in Eden, is Sodom and Gomorrah. Again, God has to actually physically come down and investigate the city to see if the cries against it are true. Why does he have to do this when he is a reader of hearts?

I must amend this by saying, since I do still believe the Bible, that not a single logical reasoning I have cannot be refuted with knowledge, if it could i wouldn't believe it anymore. For example, the bible clearly demonstrates that the person being referred to as god is not actually god in either of the above scenarios. since "no man can see god and live" it's far more likely to have been a representative of god, or an envoy sort to speak. Never in the bible does god just condemn without giving opportunity to repent before judgement, thus it is likely in both of these cases that is what was being sought after.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just look at the first 3 chapters of Genesis. Who had to threaten with death if they partook in knowledge? Who had to ruin our progress to Godhood after this commandment was disobeyed? Then why does that damnation book keep venerating the one that wants us to be slaves?

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

just READ it! ha! theres a saying: the fastest way to become an atheist is to read the bible

• clarity
    clarity

Coded Logic ...Hi & a big welcome to you,

nice to see you on here.

This will open your eyes and also give you a

good laugh ...check this bible with your own!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/154236/3/The-Atheists-Book-of-Bible-Stories#.U_mFOW90zUO

clarity

• Paris
    Paris

Well guys, I hate to break this to you, but there are many many beautiful scriptures like the 23rd Psalm.

Psalm 23 Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

A Psalm of David.

23 ¶ The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside the still waters.

3 He restores my soul: he leads me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:

for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff shall comfort me.

5 Thou shalt prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;

thou hast anointed my head with oil; my cup is running over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life:

and I will rest in the house of the LORD for ever.

• This is my tigersuit
    This is my tigersuit

is this before or after they went into the villages and split open babies skulls and took the 14 year old virgins?

maybe that was written after the part where god DROWNS every living thing....ya great book

no offense paris

• jhine
    jhine

Moses Joe , on readng your post my first thought was that "no one can see the Father and live " but they can see the Son . One of the Early Church Fathers (Justin Martyr in Dialogue with Trypho I think ) lnked the Angel of the Lord with Jesus as the second part of the Trinity to demonstrate to the Jews at that time that the Trinity had always existed . Here is a quote from Brian Lancaster who is a Jewish writer -

"One who has seen the Angel can say that he has seen God " Jews see the Angel of the Lord as being God's presence on Earth , and this was taken to a different level by Justin Martyr to prove that the Trinity had always been . So maybe the person refered to in those passages was Jesus , God the Son ?

Hope that this is helpful . Jan

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

What IS it with all this endless hand-wringing concerning the Bible???It's just a collection of stories written a couple of thousand years ago by relatively primitive people. Much of it was not actually written by the ones claimed to be the authors. Flights of fancy about talking snakes, devils and demons, etc. Who actually, in 2014, really believes all that nonsense???? With all the scientific knowledge humans have acquired since the Bible was written, why do people still slavishly see it as the ultimate source of wisdom??? Time to put the Bible out to pasture and concentrate on the here & now instead of believing in ancient scribblings.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome Coded Logic, I hope you come back and post some more.

Debunking the Bible ? In what way are you interested in doing that ?

If you wish to debunk it as "inspired", then just ONE error is enough, and there are thousands of course.

If you wish to debunk its History sections, read some modern Historians, you will see the many problems there.

If you wish to go down the route that I call the "Reversing Bible Believer" and claim that nearly all of it is Metaphorical, then , good luck with that.

A Book of Metaphors and out of date Morals and Ethics is what you will end up with, not much use for anything in the 21st Century.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit