I now have a law degree!

by digderidoo 44 Replies latest jw friends

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Hi Digderidoo, well done - great update - that's some achievement.

It sounds like you're involved with something you really care about. I'm sure there were plenty of small successes along the way to keep you going and plenty more tough times. Hope you get to celebrate some time soon with a well-earned break.

It goes without saying that you'll now face the largest challenge yet - how to resist the temptation of a prestigious place at bethel as your skills will be in high demand (assuming you ate humble pie and chose to return to the fold) ;-)

mmxiv

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Your a puppy!!

People are obtaining their degrees well into their 70's and 80's...

"There were 20 students older than 70 enrolled in Broward College this fall, with eight of them seeking degrees in the arts, sciences or nursing. Nova Southeastern University granted nine degrees to people older than 65 in the first six months of this year, and had 40 graduates over 60.

FAU had 19 people over age 70 enrolled in degree programs over the last year, excluding the fall 2011 graduating class."

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2011-12-15/news/fl-elder-college-graduates-20111215_1_broward-college-associate-degree-graduate-program-degree-programs

Well done young student.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A hearty "Congratulations" from me too.

• naazira
    naazira

Congratulations, very inspirational.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Older adults do well in law. I had some awful jobs between college and law school. School was fascinating for me compared to my classmates' experience. It is helpful no matter what you do in the future. My degree is a J.D. I concentrated in constitutional law and corporate antitrust law applied to heavily regulated industries. I worked for civil rights orgs and a large Wall St. firm. We had a colleague in school who was in his sixties.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Congratulations Digderiddo

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Great job!!! Congratulations!

• cantleave
    cantleave

What a wonderful success story - Inspirational, well done!

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Well done - inspirational story. Good luck with the PhD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit