Gerrit Losch talks to poor South Americans about Materialism while wearing THREE (3) gold rings and 2 gold cuff links...

by Calebs Airplane 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

"Jehovah loves children,the Governing Body loves children too"

2 Samuel 12:14
    "However, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also who is born to you shall surely die.”
    15 Then Nathan departed to his house.
    And the Lord struck the child that Uriah’s wife bore to David, and it became ill.
    16 David therefore pleaded with God for the child, and David fasted and went in and lay all night on the ground.
    17 So the elders of his house arose and went to him, to raise him up from the ground. But he would not, nor did he eat food with them.
    18 Then on the seventh day it came to pass that the child died."
    And here are a few more examples of how much that God loves children..
    "Infanticide:
    1 Samuel 15:3 God commands the death of helpless "suckling" infants. This literally means that the children god killed were still nursing.

Psalms 135:8 & 136:10 Here god is praised for slaughtering little babies.

Psalms 137:9 Here god commands that infants should be“dashed upon the rocks”. "
    http://www.evilbible.com/god%27s%20not%20pro-life.htm

• hoser
    hoser

it looks like he is still recommending a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head to cure OCD

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Hoser... Yes... Just because a gunshot to the head fixed someone's OCD, that doesn't mean that OCD sufferers should shoot themselves in the head. Likewise, just because some JWs survived the perils of higher education, that doesn't mean that we should seek higher education...

The only thing more disturbing about this continuously recycled analogy by Losch is that JWs actually believe it's logical...

• never a jw
    never a jw

Minute 26 of second hour: "only associate with JW's because everyone else [even well behaving, moral people] is in the hands of the wicked. Then in minute 27 warns against participating in extra curricular activities like dance and sports and meals for employees of the school. Be friendly with coworkers, preach to them, but do not become friends with them. Don't accept their invitation to have a meal, or a drink, or a weekend social gathering, even with well behaving people. They can never be your friend because they don't worship Jehovah (quotes james 4:4). Friendship with the worldly always ends up in immorality and enmity with God

[MY COMMENT: funny, all the fornication that I have known of happenned within the congregation, often wife ends up a motel bed with the husband of another sister, even an elderete with a husband's fellow elder. Fornicate, but don't lower yourself to screwing a MS or a plain publisher, keep the status]

The last 15 minutes were about preach, preach, preach. Serve Jehovah with joy and willingly.

Let's review: nothing has changed in my 22 years knowing JW's. It's still a cult.

How can people eat the "same spiritual meal" for so many years and not get tired of it?

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

You can't eat a meal with a fellow employee at your job? What a bunch of ridiculous crap. The first time I heard this was from a sister who was married to a lazy ass guy (an elder) who hated having a job. Well their situation got pretty severe and he took a job at a big box store. She didn't have a job at the time. He demanded that she drive down EVERY EVENING at his break time and eat supper with him. Because otherwise he'd have to eat with people he worked with and that would be associating with worldly people!

I had never heard that rule before, and we had been in the wt for over 20 years at that point.

Marina

• Listener
    Listener

Don't accept their invitation to have a meal, or a drink, or a weekend social gathering, even with well behaving people.

This is anti witnessing and does a great deal of harm to their message when they put this into practice.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Maybe he was able to choose his jewelry from the jewelry donations coming in from inheritances! I love jewelry but for a group of men who take a vow of poverty and tell others to not be materialistic he sure has gone overboard with it.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"Oh... Also, I found every speaker before him spoke beautiful, easy to understand Spanish. Losch, lol, speaks his Spanish, with a different, lol, accent."

Maybe - just MAYBE - that has something to do with the fact that the others were native, whereas Loesch is not ...............

And maybe - just MAYBE - one of the rings has to do with the fact that he is married ....................

His view on education, on the other hand, and the illustration which he has used for years and years - I dislike 100 %.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972

Gerrit Losch is an idiot.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

OldGOAT aka OldHippie , Why are you picking on me???

I am only sharing what is on youtube . What are your 3 sentences about? Me??? We disagreed a few months back. I said, let's take it off line. Are you waiting in the shadows to intentionally find fault with something I found harmless???

Everyone doesn't speak clearly. I shared that I appreciated hearing such beautiful Spanish. Did you expect me to give flowers to a GB member for publicly speaking in a language foreign to him??? Forget it.

Losch cheapened himself and his message by waving around three (3) unrelated rings. It looked like they were even different carot gold. He looked tacky. And I hated his checkered tie.

Go pick on someone else OldGOAT.

LL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit