Poll--How Many Believe In God, Do Not Believe or Are Not Sure Of His Existence?

by minimus 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

I believe in Science, God, God's word or message (the liberating gospel of grace and peace), faith, spirituality and humanity.

I do not believe in the god of religion, although I do believe in his existence, his bad influence, and his great fear of the gospel/faith/spirituality/humanity/science/God.

Whilst I am sure of the expansive and comprehensive gospel and God's existence, there is still a lot left to learn and understand, but much of this will have to wait until the next life which I believe is eternal.

• bemused
    bemused

Can't see any evidence whatsoever for a god, certainly not one who has any interest in humankind. I don't know why there was a big bang but we seem to have the following 13.7 billion years pretty well understood.

• kjg132
    kjg132

I absolutely believe in God.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I think earth is a birthing ground for new souls.

I haven't worked out the other details yet.

• minimus
    minimus

James, when you find out more, please let me know.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I do not believe in God. I see evidence to support ancient man's attempt at defining the undefinable and a group of people using this to control and manipulate the masses.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I don't believe in any god of any ancient scripture or 'revealed' religion.

I am open to the idea of superior intelligence/s out there somewhere in the universe, that may or may not know of our existence, and may or may not have contacted humans (past and/or present).

• Ding
    Ding

I believe in God and Christ.

• BucketShopBill
    BucketShopBill

http://www.space.com/11642-dark-matter-dark-energy-4-percent-universe-panek.html

NEW YORK — All the stars, planets and galaxies that can be seen today make up just 4 percent of the universe. The other 96 percent is made of stuff astronomers can't see, detect or even comprehend.

These mysterious substances are called dark energy and dark matter. Astronomers infer their existence based on their gravitational influence on what little bits of the universe can be seen, but dark matter and energy themselves continue to elude all detection.

"The overwhelming majority of the universe is: who knows?" explains science writer Richard Panek, who spoke about these oddities of our universe on Monday (May 9) at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York (CUNY) here in Manhattan. "It's unknown for now, and possibly forever."

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm not going to apologize. There are so many things, like take my little garden for instance, that when I look at them they bring me such delight and joy that I know there is purpose behind it all. Looking at fresh flowers causes an endorphin release---very healing. Now, some people can be negative and call it lazy thinking, but for me there is no way this world is just random biology. I can't answer all the questions for the things that are messed up about it, but I can sure appreciate the things that are perfectly right about it. Gardens, babies, fresh air, varities of weather, LOVE, ...so many things let me know there is a reason for it all.

A recent picture of my little joy project that I can see from my livingroom glass doors:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit