Poll--How Many Believe In God, Do Not Believe or Are Not Sure Of His Existence?

by minimus 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Do not know...to me, at this point in my life, it really doesn't matter. I have learned the wisdom of the Marcus Aurelius quote:

"Live a virtuous life, if there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but they are unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

Just about sums it up for me.

• DJS
    DJS

I was a theist. Then I was an agnostic. Then I was an atheist leaning agnostic. Then I was an atheist. I like atheism better. It is the only one of the 4 that makes any sense. However, as others have stated, if god presented herself along with the other super heroes somewhere, say Times Square, and did something really cooll, like end war and suffering, I would change my mind.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

We are a computer program that someone left running, 1 day they will come back & push ctrl+alt+del

ok i better answer the question

simply, I don't know and I certainly don't believe that any of the gods, many already meantioned could ever be real.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I believe something had to create life the universe and the laws of physics but this thing god whatever could care less about one tiny little blue planet in the milkyway galaxy.

• xchange
    xchange

I don't believe claims by people who believe in bigfoot, fairies, etc etc. Therefore, they don't exist.

I don't believe any anecdotal evidence given by theists for thier god. Therefore, god (a-z) doesn't exist.

Evidence is not a perspective. It is evidence! Give me evidence and my mind can be changed. Simple.

Or god can just make me believe - WITHOUT - any human agency interpreting how god has already made his existence plain to me. (yawns)

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

There is no god.

In the final analysis it isn't important. What's important is what puts you at peace with the world and what makes you and the people you love happy. If it's belief in God that's cool with me.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I no longer believe- its an impossibility. Where was God in the Big Bang? The concept of gods was created by nutty people long ago, we have inherited the culture so we try to make it 'fit' in the 21st century; but ultimately its impossible.

• done4good
    done4good

Non-believer and happy. I do not try to convince anyone. Most people do not have the personality type to not believe. I do.

d4g

• flipper
    flipper

I consider myself an agnostic . I do not know if a God exists or not. But another important thing- I do not worry about it. I live my life the best I can as a sort of " secular humanist " am I am quite fine with there not being a " sky daddy " or " sky mama ". That being said- I'm open to the idea of the Native Americans of there possibly being a " great spirit " but I'm also very open to the idea that there never has benn or ever will be anything resembling a " God". t's just not that important to me to know. I have lots of living to do on this earth while I'm here ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• minimus
    minimus

There're more "godless" here than not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit