Demon attacks on JW in past, where'd they go?

by thedepressedsoul 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Great thread at the end of this post. Here are some Smurfy highlights: ;)

" When I was little, I heard a lot about the smurfs. One story was when a babysitter brought smurfs over for a little witness kid to play with and when the parents came home, the smurfs were dancing on the bed and there was a newspaper levitating. So scary!!! "

" I remember a story running rampant when I was in my pre-teenage years that went a little something like this:
    Word on the street was that a young child went to the circuit assembly with his parents. The child brought a little stuffed toy with him. However, this wasn't just any cute cuddly stuffed toy. This was one of those little blue demons that worldy people call Smurfs. Anyways, the stuffed little Smurf, got up in the middle of the assembly and walked out the door. Apparently the demon inside the stuffed toy could no longer take the "light" and "truth" inside the assembly hall and had to get out with the quickness. "

"Hmmmm....the version I heard was that it took place at akingdom halland it was a teenage girl w/ a smurf in her purse. The smurf walked out of the purse during the opening song, and went down the aisle and out the door, yelling the whole time, ''I can't take this $hit!''
    "Anyway, the homeowner (a Christian we found out later) asked us what was so funny so we told her the whole story of having been witnesses and being scared of smurfs.
    She told us that she new a Mormon girl and that too were afraid of smurfs."

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/123185/1/SCARY-actually-hilarious-JW-Urban-Legends-smurf-content#.U-0k3V2t-o8

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

He was raised believing smurfs are demons and now has banned smurfs from our home.

Man, your husband is a blast from the past. I haven't heard JWs discuss Smurfs much except in amusement over the Smurf Panic of the '80s. I'm always amazed at the patience that spouses have for JWs. I would be tempted to lay down the gauntlet and just say, "Either you explain logically how they could be demonic, or drop this nonsense." Maybe it's a good thing I'm not married.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Demons aren't as active now as in the past. They are too busy helping to make all those "spiritistic" movies coming out of Hollywood. In fact, I think that they now all have agents and have their SAG cards.

SOP

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

jgnat, Are serious? A JW thought a garden gnome was a demon!!! Silly small-minded simpleton.

What is it about the sun ornament that bothers your daughter? It looks really cool!

• Spectre
    Spectre

@New Worldy Translation: I almost started a thread a while ago to see if anyone else had heard that crazy story.

The way I heard it though was that some witnesses came across some palm reader in field service. The palm reader and all his/her fellow spiritist were all pissed at the witnesses because the demons were ignoring them so the could break up witness marriages.

I lived in Utah at the time and it was told as if this happened up in Salt Lake City.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Mikado: We are simply pointing out the impossibility of it being demons.

Yeah, just keep telling yourself that.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

There was an article some years ago stating that such stories should be neither written nor told, in the same manner that Jesus stopped the demons from telling who he was. Demons should be no source of stories supporting what is true. I remember I read it some time prior to making a ministry school talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit