Demon attacks on JW in past, where'd they go?

by thedepressedsoul 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Guys, this is no 'story' of mine or a second-hand relating from years ago. I actually witnessed it 12 months ago. The atmosphere was calm and normal - not sensational at all.I spoke to christians who had attended the same seminar for years at this event and who just simply took it in their stride. Others present were also going through the same as those two women who were somehow still connected to Jehovah's Witnesses - those who had/were dabbling in the occult, spiritualists, etc. as the various deliverances were happening.

It was not a scary 'hair-raising' experience, but as I say somehow thrilling to witness the power and authority of Jesus' name to expel evil spirits in that auditorium. I expected the majority of people would negate it and/or feel compelled to play it down, notwithstanding that, I cannot make it that it 'did not happen'. I am sure you will make of it what you will. Upon leaving the jws and doing my own extensive research on every aspect of their 'religion', I quickly became convinced I had been in the watchtower 'synagogue of satan' for the first 55 years of my life. That day just underscored it, but it was still a shock to the system to witness it for real.

• Mikado
    Mikado

no one is doubting that is your experience, we are simply pointing out the impossibility of it being demons.

two different issues.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Interesting that Christians use the name Jesus to scare off demons (as per the Bible) but JWs find the word Jehovah effective.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

In the late 1960s, I don't recall that the WT offered a solution to demons. We were told they would attack you if you were faithful. Also, if you were unfaithful you would have problems. My mom laid down the law: they don't exist. I was enrolled in Honors Science classes yet I still was terrified. The Witnesses who suffered were lower socioeconomic groups. An African-American friend told me it was a teaching of the black baptist church in the South. She never had any fear, though, b/c Jesus' power over them was always stressed. It was a more theoretical understanding.

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

I remember every time we moved houses I was terrified that the house would have "demons" in it. I remember people saying that they would not buy stuff from yard sales or thrift shops because it could have a demon attached to it and when you brought it home you brought home the demons. People who swore they had demons in there house would burn the object and the more nutty ones would burn everything else.

I find it funny how all that stuff is pretty much "old light" and the "new light" is that demons attack your faith by TV, internet, commercials and commercial signs, higher education and "wordly people".

I guess the demons realized it was "old light" too.

Over the fence on th WT but still one the fence about god

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I seem to recall about 10-15 years ago, there was "direction" given that sharing accounts of modern day "demonic activity" from the stage and even in conversation was strongly discouraged, as it gave Satan and the demons some measure of attention, honor or respect that they were not due.

Can anyone else back me up on this?

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul

Respectful: That's what I wanted to know, if some offical statement or publication squashed talking or bringing up these so called events that people would talk about.

• hoser
    hoser

I can't imagine a repeat of the talking Smurf stories of the eighties.

that jogged my memory. I remember being told in the 80's by a sister that one of the kids in her congregation brought a smurf doll to the meeting and it bit her leg!

• Londo111
    Londo111

The "Keep Yourself In God's Love" guiltfest publication specifically instructed JWs not to tell these stories, otherwise they would attract demons. Therefore, devout JWs would shut down these conversations when they began.

• jam
    jam

I remember back in the 70's a sister called the brothers over

because she was having demon problems. My brother-in-law

was one of the brothers. The sister was rambling about things

that was not very coherent. She stood up and the brothers tried

restraining her, he said the sister was very strong (three brothers).

Ok, looking back this sister had 7 kids and a adulterous hell raising

husband. Demons wasn't her problem, she was stress and mad as hell...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit